Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Zidoo has certainly improved a lot of things over the past few months. I posted a review and a follow up review few months back. You can find it here and here. Current status with these bugs(v1.4.6) are (Native Zidoo Player)

1. Unit automatically turning on with HDMI-CEC off. Not Fixed
2. Subtitles with html tags not showing properly. Almost fixed.. It works 90% of the time. There are few random cases it does not work. as shown in the picture. I haven't found a pattern. It doesn't matter if it is embedded (not hardsub) or external subtitle. It won't render in some cases
3. Annoying sound when I pause movies with HD-Audio. Not Fixed
4. No resume with multiple files. Fixed. (Finally)
5. 720p bug. Fixed.
6. Random shutdown when Daydream(screensaver) feature is on. Fixed.

Point 1 I can live with. Point 3,well, I stop the movie instead of pausing to get around the annoying sound and then resume playback. My greatest concern was the remembering bookmark for multiple files which they've finally fixed. For this I'm happily give it an A now (B- was my original rating)

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by rockhard - 2017-07-07, 06:29
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8