• 119(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Thanks for help.

I bought from ebay .... should be ok also.

Before I return box back I would like to know exactly whats going on. I have allot experience with HW, C++, PHP and etc. Something like this is totally wired. Only Zidoo knows the answer, maybe in 1.4.6 they increased cpu or gpu clock speed or they changed some HW timings which are my box can not handle, or its fake Zidoo box.
(2017-08-02, 18:21)astons2 Wrote: Thanks for help.
You're welcome.
Quote:Before I return box back I would like to know exactly whats going on. I have allot experience with HW, C++, PHP and etc. Something like this is totally wired. Only Zidoo knows the answer, maybe in 1.4.6 they increased cpu or gpu clock speed or they changed some HW timings which are my box can not handle, or its fake Zidoo box.
I don't think so. It's likely your unit has bad RAM, hence your inestability issues.
(2017-08-03, 15:09)boblo Wrote: I don't think so. It's likely your unit has bad RAM, hence your inestability issues.

At the end I found out that firmware was the problem. Looks like openwrt and samba have some memory leak's which made Andorid OS unstable.
My box is working normally on firmware 1.4.6 without any problems in past 4-5 days.
Hey

i received my Zidoo x9s Today.

all the Mkv's play fine , not a problem with the wrapper. however the ISO files do not play at all with the wrapper. They use the Kodi Player, which makes the Movie stutter a bit.

If i use ZDMC , it works as it should.

Anyone have an idea what that could be ?

Thanks
I am considering buying X8 and would appreciate answers on few questions. My main usage would be to play videos with subtitles from external HDD and then sometimes to watch youtube.

I have these questions related to playing videos from USB/HDD:
1. Does it remember last played video after it was plugged out from power? So will it automatically navigate to specific file in folder structure which was last played?
2. Does it remember last played point in multiple videos, so can it resume playback?
3. Can you add borders to subtitles (since just one color is usually difficult to read, so it's good to have borders around letters, i.e. black border and white letters are a standard)?
4. How does the native fast forward look like? How fast can it go and does it skip parts of video while fast forwarding or can you see video being played in fast motion?
5. Can it skip to next video in the folder without creating playlists or anything additional, but just plugging in the HDD?

Answers to any of these questions would be really appreciated and would help me decide if this is the box for me. Thank you!
Asking those with HDR displays, what are the best settings to use w/X9S (f/w v1.4.12)? I recently got a LG OLED65C6P 65-Inch TV, and when paired with my Yamaha RX-A3050 in Mode 2 (which allows for 10-bit, BT2020 HDR passthrough), when playing HDR samples, the X9S shows "1080p" message. Compared to nVidia Shield, details and colors don't look as good.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-09-05, 01:48)hdmkv Wrote: Asking those with HDR displays, what are the best settings to use w/X9S (f/w v1.4.12)? I recently got a LG OLED65C6P 65-Inch TV, and when paired with my Yamaha RX-A3050 in Mode 2 (which allows for 10-bit, BT2020 HDR passthrough), when playing HDR samples, the X9S shows "1080p" message. Compared to nVidia Shield, details and colors don't look as good.

I believe for HDR, you have to use mode 1. On the X9S, you have to use YCbCr Limited (or RGB Limited) for color space with the LG OLEDs (and all Sony TVs). Otherwise, the output is sort of messed up. Zidoo may have good intentions, but this HDMI range setting they have added is still not properly implemented. I have to say that X9S/X8/X10 are the only Android boxes that have this feature.

If you haven't done already, you may want to go through this thread: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...on-2.5419/ The last two pages apply to 1.4.12 firmware.
(2017-09-05, 01:48)hdmkv Wrote: Asking those with HDR displays, what are the best settings to use w/X9S (f/w v1.4.12)? I recently got a LG OLED65C6P 65-Inch TV, and when paired with my Yamaha RX-A3050 in Mode 2 (which allows for 10-bit, BT2020 HDR passthrough), when playing HDR samples, the X9S shows "1080p" message. Compared to nVidia Shield, details and colors don't look as good.

Set the HDMI mode to 3840*2160. Don't set it to 4096.
Then it won't jump to 1080 Smile
Thanks @mirror88, I set to 3840x2160 24Hz and 24/25/60 4K HDR display at proper resolution. Only thing is 1080p gets upconverted to 4K as well. Not sure if this introduces any issues.
As an aside, please look at the PM I sent you at Zidoo forum regarding Zidoo X10. Thanks!

@wesk05, I'll try YCbCr Limited as well as you suggested. Family was hogging the TV this evening with America's Got Talent Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Been away long time.
You have kodi normal build on zidoo
Then you. Have zdmc which uses own zidoo player
And now you have http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...589/page-3

Can someone explain what so special on last build?
Well, ZDMC 17.x has issues with 23.976 material when passthrough is used (many skipped frames). The only way to have smooth playback is to use the option "Sync to Display". This is only if you use internal ZDMC player and not external one. I would love to hear an official answer as to what Zidoo plans to do about this and why all 17.x versions of ZDMC are labeled BETA. It seems that they just copied their passthrough modification from 16.x to 17.x without any optimization.
Please read this about what need to be done in Android device Firmware for Android Kodi HD Audio passthrough compatibility:

Welcome to Android MediaCodec standards (click)

It the Zidoo X9S the right player for me?

Currently, I have a Dune Base 3.0 (which has a SMB server, so I can transfer movies to it over LAN), along with 2 Mediasonic 4-bay enclosures (http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1357290977) (I have 6 drives currently, all in NTFS), and both of them are connected to a USB Hub

And I am using the Logitech Harmony One to control it.

Will the X9S be able to replicate everything I'm doing now? (SMB server to transfer files, connecting multi-bay enclosures with a USB hub, write to NTFS drives over LAN, HD Audio Bistreaming), and control it with the Logitech Harmony One?
(2017-09-19, 00:49)SilverBlade Wrote: It the Zidoo X9S the right player for me?

Currently, I have a Dune Base 3.0 (which has a SMB server, so I can transfer movies to it over LAN), along with 2 Mediasonic 4-bay enclosures (http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1357290977) (I have 6 drives currently, all in NTFS), and both of them are connected to a USB Hub

And I am using the Logitech Harmony One to control it.

Will the X9S be able to replicate everything I'm doing now? (SMB server to transfer files, connecting multi-bay enclosures with a USB hub, write to NTFS drives over LAN, HD Audio Bistreaming), and control it with the Logitech Harmony One?

According to your setup, I recommend you to stick with Dune Base. X9S is still unreliable. Next firmware upgrade might break something. I use it just for watching movies. Couple of subtitle lines are missing every 5 mins or so.
What I have written previously...

From general reading it appears that to connect Multiple drives to Android boxes you have to:

- Root the device
- Use [root] StickMount App from Chainfire.

More info here:
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...-detection
https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-...s-t3560007
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...b-issues-/

Windows/Linux/LibreELEC Kodi boxes have no such problems.

• 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8