Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2018-01-29, 10:03)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 22:38)lionne Wrote: Okay, just started testing some audio and image files with my new x9s.

- Images (jpg. png) display with horrible banding. I have my output set to YCbCr 4:2:2 limited, deep color off. I've tried a number of different combinations, all have the same banding on my LG UHD LED set. Can anything be done about the banding?
For picture viewing ideal setting would be RGB Full.  
When I switch to RGB 4::4:4 the image gets lighter and more washed out. Is that because I had limited still selected? If I set to the x9s to RGB 4:4:4 full, will I need to set my TV to high for black level to match (it's on low for limited right now)? I wouldn't normally do that except when viewing images, but I tried every possible combination I could think of and I still get awful banding on my images. I made sure to set my TV to PC and confirmed it is displaying proper 4:4:4 using a 4:4:4 test image.

Are there any high-res test images out there that are specifically suited to test for banding? I'm not sure if maybe some of the images I'm viewing have some banding baked in due to conversion to jpeg from the raw files. There's some noticeable banding even when viewing them directly from my TV's built-in media player, though not nearly as bad as when using the X9s to view them. It's really bad when using the X9s - much worse than the TV's player or my other media players (WDTV and Mede8er).

I have no idea where to find ZDMC on my Zidoo so I can only test using the x9s's native player.

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by lionne - 2018-01-30, 01:08
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8