Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Player "freaking out" when booting with Deep Color 12-bit through Certified Premium HDMI 2.0 cable

So after solving my black flashing issue today with the new 18Gbps certified HDMI 2.0 cable I bought, I've discovered a new problem. When booting, the player goes nuts when Deep Color 12bit is enabled. There are rows of diagonal flickering white dots across the boot screen, along with some random flashes to black. Once the home screen appears, it continues until it sets to the correct frame rate and resolution, then it settles down. Here's the details:

HDMI mode: AUTO
Deep Color: 12bit/Auto
Color Space Mode:
- YCbCr 4:4:4
- YCbCr 4:2:0
- YCbCr RGB 4:4:4
- Auto - extra bad

The only color space mode that doesn't boot with the screen flaking out when Deep Color 12bit is enabled is YCbCr 4:2:2. I'm guessing that YCbCr 4:2:2 isn't enabling Deep Color 12bit which is why that mode isn't affected. This doesn't happen with 10-bit - only 12-bit and auto. This tells me Deep Color on AUTO is actually selecting 12bit for me. I tried each color space mode with each deep color mode. Only the modes I list above are affected.

I also tried my old cable again and it doesn't happen with the old 1.4 cable. So the new cable has solved the black flashing issue, but introduced a new "bug" or issue for me by enalbing full support of Deep Color in the cable.

So the question is why is this happening? What is happening at boot with Deep Color on 12bit that is causing this "corrupted" boot-up? My girlfriend noticed during my testing that it's actually worse when color space is set to auto - like the additional job of the player selecting the right color space mode automatically with 12-bit deep color enabled is an extra challenge for it, causing the black flashing to increase.

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by lionne - 2018-02-04, 19:49
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8