• 131(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
@lionne, maybe I, and others here, have been living w/Zidoo in blissful ignorance. I've gone back to f/w v1.5.0 given the SMB issue w/test firmwares v2.0.5, v2.0.10 & v2.0.12. With v1.5.0 at least, I'm not seeing the frame drop issues you call out. I've been sensitive to microstutters, so would've noticed such consistent frame drops, or so I think.
(2018-02-16, 15:07)hdmkv Wrote: @lionne, maybe I, and others here, have been living w/Zidoo in blissful ignorance. I've gone back to f/w v1.5.0 given the SMB issue w/test firmwares v2.0.5, v2.0.10 & v2.0.12. With v1.5.0 at least, I'm not seeing the frame drop issues you call out. I've been sensitive to microstutters, so would've noticed such consistent frame drops, or so I think.
 Well it may be as suggested earlier that the frame drops were introduced in a more recent update, though an earlier poster also said that the frame drops shouldn't be happening in 1080p, even though I clearly had frame drops in both 1080p and 2160p, with both deep color on and off.

So it may be most just don't see these frame drops. Or it could be the frame drops are a newer issue and it is wider reaching than previously thought, affecting more configurations than expected.

I don't know. I posted my results and they are repeatable. That tells me something is very off here with the timing.
Or you're a more perceptive viewer and seeing what many of us had not. I've looked at that motion bars clip when doing media player tests in the past, but have hard time concentrating. Like you noted, eyes get wonky soon & I don't trust if I'm seeing skips or not. Instead, I've just watched 23.976 movies for 10-15 minutes to see if I could spot any skips or microstutters. With Kodi, it's easy to see by bringing by codecinfo for dropped frames count, but w/Zidoo's native player, must watch and try to spot w/o any help.

BTW, I was a big fan of Mede8er players. Too bad they didn't make anything new since their X3D series.
(2018-02-17, 00:53)hdmkv Wrote: Or you're a more perceptive viewer and seeing what many of us had not. I've looked at that motion bars clip when doing media player tests in the past, but have hard time concentrating. Like you noted, eyes get wonky soon & I don't trust if I'm seeing skips or not. Instead, I've just watched 23.976 movies for 10-15 minutes to see if I could spot any skips or microstutters. With Kodi, it's easy to see by bringing by codecinfo for dropped frames count, but w/Zidoo's native player, must watch and try to spot w/o any help.

BTW, I was a big fan of Mede8er players. Too bad they didn't make anything new since their X3D series.
 Yeah, honestly I was hoping Mede8er had moved on to a new 4k/3D box, but sadly they did not. Just used it tonight to watch a 3D movie.
Been a very long time since I last used my Zidoo X9S, but was testing something, and now I only get stereo from any apps except the native player.  Tried playing live TV with the HDHomeRun app, but only got stereo, thought I used to get Dolby. 

I know I am senile, but I thought for sure I got Dolby and DTS natively from all apps.  I tried different settings, but no help.
Hi.. please help me finding a link for zidoo x10 install.img

I accidentallly flashed my x10 with x9s firmware. Now its unusable.

X10 install.img uploaded in mediafire is already deleted.

Thanks in advance..
hello bongchillong,

you can find it here

FW 1.4.4 Zidoo X10

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...596/page-6

see you
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2018-02-23, 18:47)OlivierQC Wrote: hello bongchillong,

you can find it here

FW 1.4.4 Zidoo X10

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...596/page-6

see you

Got it .. thanks brother.
Zidoo having picture quality problem (clipping and banding), hdmkv please modify the "Excellent PQ with native player" in 3D MVC topic.
Explanation: [link]
I'm seeing the clipping, but not the banding in the screenshots. @wesk05, have you looked at what Zidoo is showing? I won't be able to evaluate until the weekend.
The banding is minimal, like Zappiti: [link]
But the clipping is likely software or hdmi transmitter chip error, because the Zappiti is not clipping with same SoC.
(2018-02-16, 05:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 05:18)lionne Wrote: One final note, I watched a 23.976 UHD/HDR movie last night on the x9s, and I did indeed notice the frame drops even with casual viewing. As I said previously, it's one frame drop every x amount of seconds. For some this will be very annoying, and for others they will never notice it. That doesn't mean it's not a problem.
Nicely said !

This is the sort of in depth, 24p video playback visual testing I do as well on various Kodi boxes. For those of us living outside the USA that have never had to put up with 3:2 pulldown video playback judder, smooth video playback is important especially the bigger the TV / Projector screen gets. 
The  UHD/HDR movie is "remux" or BD 1:1? some people on italian forum report frame drops with UHD/HDR "remux" (mkv).  BD 1:1(iso) there aren't  frame drops.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hmm, I'm not seeing frame drops w/UHD remuxes via MakeMKV.

On the clipping issue, @djnice, the AVSForum screenshots show better quality w/Sigma over Realtek. Question is what's perceptible to the naked eye in real viewing conditions.
(2018-03-06, 01:52)hdmkv Wrote: I'm seeing the clipping, but not the banding in the screenshots. @wesk05, have you looked at what Zidoo is showing? I won't be able to evaluate until the weekend.
I have said this before on Zidoo forum: based on all the tests that I have done, the banding issue is likely related to display processing. Samsung TVs will show banding with 12-bit Deep Color input. Whereas, LG TVs seem to be OK with the 12-bit input. I get banding with 12-bit  Deep Color output from Zidoo X9S and Amlogic S912 LE. 10-bit Deep Color output from both the devices don't show banding on my Samsung TV.

Deep Color HDMI output employs pixel packing. They are transmitted in x pixels/group & x fragments/group depending on the color depth. It is possible that something is wrong with the pixel packing. I really don't think it is worth my time to investigate pixel packing issues. Realtek/Zidoo engineers have access to the code and they can check on it (if they want to).
Thanks @wesk05. I don't have any banding at my end.

Updated post #1; the new beta f/w v.2.0.15 is fairly solid, with SMB issue fixed and auto refresh + resolution switching working well.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8