Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
I have a question regarding setting up network shares to work with Zidoo and Raspberry Pi. Perhaps someone run into this case.

I have a hard drive connected to my Raspberry Pi running Kodi LibreElec. The drive is shared on the home network. Share is not restricted in any way (no password). I can see the share browse and access all files with my Windows computers and another Raspberry Pi.

I can't access the share on Zidoo. ZDMC gives me error "Connection Timeout" when I try to access server RaspberryPi and not even shares. The same if I enter IP address of Rasbperry Pi. Media browser from Zidoo finds RaspberryPi and it will display first level of directories and shares on the device. When I try to enter any of the shares / directories even public like pictures etc. I get pup up window asking for username / password. I didn't set up username password and anonymous check box brings back username / password window.

Zidoo works fine with all other shares on my network from WD "MyBookLive" and "WDMyCloud" NAS. All of them have passwords set up.
I didn't bother with passwords on Raspberry Pi since it is not on most of the time and I only start it on occasion as needed.

What is Zidoo looking for? Is this related to some SMB server version set up on Raspberry Pi? Or perhaps SMB client on Zidoo needs username / password to access network shares?

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by 3DBuff - 2018-05-07, 17:50
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8