• 139(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
funny I literally just checked yesterday. Exciting times. 8.0 for shield, new fw for zidoo. and egreat is still dangling 7.0 but then they still don't have it. egreat has the worst customer support. They hate their customers. This is good for Zidoo. My go to box for 3D 4K presentation on OLED!
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
Hi. Is on Zido X9s working 5.1 sound in SPDIF from NETFLIX ? 
Tnx
Zidoo isn't a decent solution for Netflix. See stickied START HERE thread.
Re-tested 4K HDR banding issue w/latest firmware v2.0.25. While the banding is less pronounced, it's still there, and now looks like waves. Hard to explain, so will try a few screenshots.

Click for full size; first is of full screen & second is the close-up of sky showing issue:

The waviness, sorta-banding issue isn't bad, but noticeable. Hope Zidoo can squash this issue for good w/next firmware. Not ruling out that it could be my new Optoma UHD51A PJ; @wesk05, are you able to test?
(2018-05-29, 01:40)hdmkv Wrote: The waviness, sorta-banding issue isn't bad, but noticeable. Hope Zidoo can squash this issue for good w/next firmware. Not ruling out that it could be my new Optoma UHD51A PJ; @wesk05, are you able to test?
I saw no difference in banding between 2.0.15 and 2.0.25 firmware. It is the same. I tested this extensively during the Memorial day weekend and I have to say that something is wrong with Zidoo's 10-bit processing pipeline. It doesn't seem to be as accurate as the other devices that I checked. For some reason, YCbCr 4:2:2 output always ended up looking like 8-bit output. 10/12-bit YCbCr 4:4:4 outputs had some errors, that may or may produce noticeable visual errors.

For those who are interested, IgorZep a AVS forum member has created some excellent test patterns to check this out. Use the Quants2D test patterns for testing. I did find something unexpected from one of the devices that I tested, I will elaborate on that at some other time Wink

Open source video testing/calibration patterns

Releases

Test Explanation (There is an interesting  fact on 2016 LG OLEDs).
(2018-05-27, 23:09)hdmkv Wrote: Zidoo isn't a decent solution for Netflix. See stickied START HERE thread.
 Thank you. I will ! Nvidia Shiled is best for Netflix. But is a little to expensive.
There's the Mi Box too if you don't want to pay that much.
Can someone help me with the settings to get the best picture possible with less problems/issues. I have an LG OLED B6 TV.

What should the following be set at:?

Deep Color Mode
Color Space Mode
HDMI Range Mode
Picture Parameters

Thanks!
(2018-05-29, 01:40)hdmkv Wrote: Re-tested 4K HDR banding issue w/latest firmware v2.0.25. While the banding is less pronounced, it's still there, and now looks like waves. Hard to explain, so will try a few screenshots.

Click for full size; first is of full screen & second is the close-up of sky showing issue:

ImageImage

The waviness, sorta-banding issue isn't bad, but noticeable. Hope Zidoo can squash this issue for good w/next firmware. Not ruling out that it could be my new Optoma UHD51A PJ; @wesk05, are you able to test?
 How did you get the info on the left?
(2018-06-03, 20:02)arryo Wrote:  How did you get the info on the left? 
That's the info screen of his projector.
(2018-06-03, 20:48)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-06-03, 20:02)arryo Wrote:  How did you get the info on the left? 
That's the info screen of his projector. 
 oh, i thought that's from zidoo
the banding is present since zidoo added the hdmi range option (fw 1.4.12) , do you remember the discussion about the edid and hdmi range with wesk05, N_P, etc... on zidoo forum  Smile

with gods of egypt UHD HDR when they walk in the desert, we notice the banding in the sky
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Software issue based on what OlivierQC just posted.
Could you please show the information when the banding happened? such as:
You mean display/projector info? If so, that’s irrelevant or won’t reveal anything about the banding issue. The signal/resolution is fine.

Banding occurs always with 4K and HDR movies; it’s just more pronounced/visible in scenes with skies... like within the first few minutes of ‘The Martian’ before the storm sequence, or the first few minutes of ‘The Revenant’ with DiCaprio’s wife and kid.
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8