Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
@hdmkv don't you find Solo over exposed? I didn't get a chance to watch the whole movie. I was only testing first 10 min to check the quality and general appearance. Both versions HDR and 3D have highly elevated blacks at the beginning first 10 min. On my OLED I'm used to setting black background to be pure black to the point that I can't tell where the edge of the TV screen is in a dark room. Typically I make small brightness adjustments 48 to 52 on OLED E6 series to match the movie. Solo background blacks are glowing shades of brownish gray to the point that I need to drive it down to 46 to get it near black. This brings the entire screen down in brightness and I'm sure this is not what the director intended. The blue scenes are naturally glowing blue but this was intended. It's the rest of the shaded dark areas that are glowing way above blacks making the scenes washed out nad lacking contrast. I'm going to check it on my projector with RPi.

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by 3DBuff - 2018-09-21, 17:51
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8