• 148(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
New fw v2.1.22 for x9s.
Lets see.....
Color me impressed! Appears fps accuracy has been fixed across the board! I don't have a HDFury Vertex, but will watch 2D 1080p and 4K 23.976 movies this weekend to verify, eyeballing it. Then, will update post #1.

Edit: HEVC [email protected]/60.000 and VP9 playback are broken w/this f/w. Never mind; reboot resolved issues.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Will X10 recive the same update?
I'd expect it to. So, as an update, I rebooted my X9S & [email protected]/60.000 HDR videos are playing fine. VP9 is also playing as before with stutter & audio dropouts.
Yes, x10/x9s/x8 have now the same fw
Upped the grade on X-series back up to a solid 'A' in post #1. Terrific firmware! It fixes framerate issues across the board for 2D, 3D & 4K. I watched a 3D movie start-to-finish over last 3 days; 2 4K HDR movies, and a 1080p movie. No issues whatsoever.

Nice job Zidoo! Two trusted users @ AVSForum have verified (for 23.976) as well. I also tested [email protected] (the Sony 'Camp' & LG 'Chess' chips).
hdmkv,

Does the z9s work as well as the x9s? or would you recommend getting the x9s. Another question. Does zido work well with emby library?

Thanks!
Yes, both work equally well. Haven't seen anything w/the new chipset in Z-series to make it stand out, at least from an A/V performance perspective. So, may as well get the cheaper X9S. Re: Emby, sorry, I don't know.
There is an addon for envy. It will manage your watched status and sync everything up. It's quite good from what I hear. It's also the easy was va the hard way using mysql so they say.

Also I believe emby server was just released for android TV/ shield etc if not mistaken.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
i use zidoo x9s with kodi emby addon

works very well

anyway, been away from this kodi some time

Has zidoo new version for kodi leia yet?
How is it?
Worth it?
Nobody?

Whats latest zdmc? with leia?
(2019-02-06, 11:03)Skank Wrote: Has zidoo new version for kodi leia yet?
(2019-02-09, 14:41)Skank Wrote: Whats latest zdmc? with leia?

We don't have or support forks of Kodi here.
Go ask at Zidoo.
Other question, if i dont use zdmc
But i use the kodi addon in store..

Will it, with leia, do:

- hd audio, even atmos and dts x?
- do full 4K
- perfect framerates?

I would want that so i could use own skin, with internal kodi player

Only for 3d, i would want to use the zidoo's player, since kodi doesnt do it
(2019-02-09, 16:51)Skank Wrote: I would want that so i could use own skin, with internal kodi player

You can use your own skin w/ZDMC. ZDMC (Zidoo's Kodi 17 fork) simply behaves as your movie/TV library manager, with actual playback handled by the Zidoo/Realtek native player. If you set ZDMC to use internal (Kodi videoplayer), while I recall HD audio being supported, video AFAIK is not optimized for HD or 4K.

Zidoo has yet to release a Leia-based fork of ZDMC, but if you want to use Leia, just download the official version and use this to set-up external/native player for all videos.
(2019-02-09, 17:22)hdmkv Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 16:51)Skank Wrote: I would want that so i could use own skin, with internal kodi player

You can use your own skin w/ZDMC. ZDMC (Zidoo's Kodi 17 fork) simply behaves as your movie/TV library manager, with actual playback handled by the Zidoo/Realtek native player. If you set ZDMC to use internal (Kodi videoplayer), while I recall HD audio being supported, video AFAIK is not optimized for HD or 4K.

Zidoo has yet to release a Leia-based fork of ZDMC, but if you want to use Leia, just download the official version and use this to set-up external/native player for all videos. 
 i cant use own skin cause i need the player OSD skin from kodi, so, it wont work

mm Sad so not an option to use internal player from kodi for hd and 4k pity

Then still have to go zdmc and wait for leia or indeed that specific setup (you tried that?)
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8