More than 4 hours of tv program data?
I have an HDHomeRun Connect and it works ok for channels. I also have pledged for the DVR component and that works good. However, I am a big football fan and want to record games that are more than 4 hours in advance. The EPG (Electronic Program Guide) in the HDHomeRun has only 4 hours of data. I would like to record a game that is on the air tomorrow at noon. I can not do that at this time.

How do I get (buy if necessary) EPG data for more than 4 hours?

Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi 2 via OSMC
HdHomeRun Connect
NAS is My Cloud 4 TB (for recording the shows)

Thank You,

Mike
If you are using SD's software (including this PVR plugin), their license for the data only includes 4 hours. If you purchase early access to their DVR software, it is $60, and you get preview builds of their DVR software and 2 weeks of guide data. (The DVR software and the 2 weeks of guide data will be $30/yr when it is actually released.)
Unless I am misunderstanding you, you need to install the HDHomeRun video addon, and that will give you the 14 days of guide data and recording ability. Just go to the video tab and select get more and look for the HDHomeRun addon.
I do have the HDHomeRUn add-on in my Kodi installations. That is what I am using to watch live TV. It works OK, but it doesn't give me a chance to record anything and I only see like 4 hours in the guide. Sad
What about when you use the search function in the add-on?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
No, in order to get the additional guide data, you must purchase early access to the DVR software and register your device with SD, so it knows to send your device the additional guide data. Otherwise, you only get 4 hours.
@rpcameron they stated they have DVR in the first post.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Then my question to the OP is this: why is this posted in this forum. The program that interacts with SD's DVR is not this addon. The proper addon to interface with SD's DVR is their HDHomeRun View video addon.

I feel that perhaps the OP has misinterpreted what this addon is.
I pay for Schedules Direct, if there was a way to use that with Kodi, it would solve a great many problems.
(2016-10-08, 20:03)rd1979 Wrote: I pay for Schedules Direct, if there was a way to use that with Kodi, it would solve a great many problems.
There is, just not with this PVR addon. This PVR addon is basically turning the HDHomeRun View app/addon into a PVR client. If you can't do it with the HDHR View addon, then you can't do it with this addon.

If you want to use the TCP/HTTP streaming of your HDHR device with your SchedulesDirect subscription, you can make your own M3U of the links and use tv_grab_na_dd/tv_grab_sd_json to general XMLTV files and use the IPTV Simple client.

If you want full PVR/DVR features, you can use an actual PVR backend and the matching client in Kodi (such as NextPVR, MythTV, Tvheadend, &c.).
You can. Just use IPTV simple client. Or one of the tv guide add-ons.

IMPORTANT:
Yeah, I use NextPVR, and it works great but the fact is this is the sort of thing I think should be in Kodi by default.
(2016-10-09, 23:25)rd1979 Wrote: Yeah, I use NextPVR, and it works great but the fact is this is the sort of thing I think should be in Kodi by default.

PVR clients are developed by third parties, not as part of the base Kodi install ... that's why they're "addons".
I do have and paid for the early access and the can indeed see up to 14 days of data in the Silicondust HDHomerun add-on. Just not in this native add-on. so something is wrong somewhere. Since the hdhomerun app from silicondust is working fine, something is wrong with this native add-on.
Are we making any progress towards getting more than 4 hours of Guide data? Clearly, the native Add-on shows no more than 4 hours regardless of the Early access subscription..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More than 4 hours of tv program data?0