Using file names instead of library titles for movies
(2016-09-30, 07:38)Hitcher Wrote: Why not just use sets?
(2016-10-01, 02:02)Sjors125 Wrote: I was thinking the same. If you want to know which movies belong to the same franchise and which one comes first, just use sets.

If greyshot wants to know if the movie has bad audio, or information like that, you can best use a nfo file that specifies that in the movie title. Or set it in the plot, or somewhere else of your liking.
Yes, I have looked into sets. It is delightful in its use case, but still, there are times when I need movie information
at a glance. For example in the "MOVIES" section, looking at "Recently added" movies, I would like to know that
a movie is a sequel (as some names may not be apparent, eg. the Divergent trilogy as discussed earlier) as I may
not have seen its prequels. Even if I know, my family members may not, etc.

There is also another case when I browse through "Title" or "Genres" in this "MOVIES" section. Using the default
library titles, the movies will be sorted by these title names and this causes some related movies (eg. sequels)
not next to each other nor in the correct order. Eg. James Bond movies, Jurassic Park, Ocean Eleven, Mission
Impossible, etc. However, if I control the movie titles myself, I can achieve what I need.,

So in summary, for me, the solution is still using my own movie titles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using file names instead of library titles for movies1