v16 TV Series Naming Format Advice
Ive recently switched over from Mediaportal where ive always used the naming format as follows to scrape my TV series episodes...

TV Series
-------------- Series
----------------------- Season number
------------------------------------------- number - Episode Name.ext

As above, the episode files themselves are usually two digit numbers followed by a hyphen and then the episode name (eg: 01 - Winter is Coming.mkv). This format doesnt seem to be in the list of recognised strings in the kodi scraping xml as I cant download any information no matter which gui settings i change (DVD/Absolute ordering etc).

I have around 40 box sets with 500+ episode files, so changing every episode to a recognised naming format (s01e01 - name.ext) isnt really an option for me. Can anyone give me any pointers as to whether i can add/edit string formats somewhere in kodi, or am i going to have to go the advancedsettings.xml route that the wiki suggests?

Thanks in advance for any help Smile
Never mind, i found the answer now. I found this old thread where a few people had the same naming format as me and they solved it by creating an advancedsettings.xml file in AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata and adding the following to the file:

<advancedsettings>

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

</advancedsettings>

All seems to work well now Smile
Nicely done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Series Naming Format Advice0