uPNP | Last-played
Hi.

A question to the developers:

When accessing my Kodi music library remotely via any uPnP compatible player do the songs served up get corresponding ' last played ' date recorded; as will happen when a song is played locally in Kodi ?

Put more technically:

* Playing a song within kodi generates an database event which updates the last-played field for that song.
* Does requesting a song via uPnP generate the same database event ?

I ask since I make use of the last-played field in my dynamic playlists to provided a greater randomisation by excluding tracks which have been playing in the last X number of days. I know this works with playing a playlist locally in Kodi, but am interested to know if my D/Playlists when accessed via uPnP are truly matching my criteria.

If the answer is no (about a uPnP event) then could I suggest/request this a future feature ?

Many thanks, plus awesome work on Kodi as ever; please keep it up!

EDIT: I just realise I perhaps should have posted this into ' Feature Requests ' but depending on the answer that may not be the case. Thanks.

Simon.
[bump]

High-five! don't leave me hangin' Smile Smile

Dev team: Anyone able to comment ?

Thanks.
[double-bump] !
(2016-10-03, 10:29)filo_beddo Wrote: Dev team: Anyone able to comment ?
Clearly not hence the lack of reply.
Bumping here just bugs me, and I don't know anything about uPNP, nor have a compatible player to test it out.
Sorry Dave, I certainly did not mean to bug with my bumps but I take your point ....... AngelAngel

In this case I shall hopefully add some value; answering my own question by posting results of a test I did myself:

My Test

Using a fresh clean profile* in Kodi (v16.1 final, running under Windows) I added a new music source folder which contains just one track; to simplify the test.
Within Kodi I played the track (via selecting it from the library now updated for the new source) a couple of times.

I then grabbed the MyMusic56.db file from the profile location and opened it in ‘ DB Browser for SQLite ‘. I ran a query to get information about the single track, specifically its play-count / last-played data:

SELECT strTitle, iTimesPlayed, LastPlayed
FROM song

The result showed the following:

"Umbrella" "2" "2016-10-20 10:16:05"

So the expected confirmation that the track had a play-count of 2 and a last-played date/time.

With Kodi sharing its library via uPnP I then browsed to the library via another media-player (which could have been another Kodi instance). In my case, for simplicity in this test, I just used ‘ Windows Media Player ‘ on the same machine.

In WMP I played the single track via the uPnP share. I then again grabbed a copy of the MyMusic56.db file from Kodi’s profile and ran my SQL query again.
I could see from the DB files date-stamp straight away that it had not changed but for completeness my finding on running the SQL query again on a it showed the same play-count and last-played data as the previous action had.

So confirmation that consuming a library music track via uPnP does not trigger any corresponding action such as a play within Kodi itself will; e.g. to trigger an action to update the database with an incremented ‘iTimesPlayed’ field and modified ‘LastPlayed’.

*I cleaned via simply deleting all music sources from the Kodi install, exiting and then deleting the MyMusic56.db file from the profile so that a fresh one would be created when I started Kodi again to begin my test.

I plan to raise a feature request around these results; the request asking that consumation of a music file via uPnP triggers the same DB updating events as a play within Kodi would.

Hope this information is of use to someone ......

FB.
Good on you for doing your own testing and reporting back. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPNP | Last-played0