Linux [SOLVED] video plays with no picture
Video 
Hello,

Im using kodi 15.2 on a Raspberry Pi 2 B 900Mhz, running raspbian jeesie. The issue is local videos will not play properly. On default settings the video screen is blank and the audio plays for 20-40 seconds and then it freezes up. With Hardware acceleration off it plays using the mp3 codec and shows the audio visualization in the background shows. It is not video format specific. Below is a link to the kodi log file. Please let me know if there is any further information needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OVkFr...sp=sharing
Update: I normally have the pi boot up to the command prompt and go straight to kodi. I found out if I go to the gui first and launch kodi from there it will play. I have the videos shared through samba to another pi running kodi and am having the same issue on both systems. I would prefer a fix over a work around.
Update: the problem comes and goes with all videos in my library.
Upload your log to pastebin. Nobody is going to download a random file and execute it on their computer.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Need somebody that knows more about the Pi, but I don't think you have enough GPU memory allocated.

From my log on my Pi B+

Code:
ARM mem: 352MB GPU mem: 160MB MPG2:1 WVC1:1

From yours

Code:
09:38:02 T:1945666112  NOTICE: ARM mem: 944MB GPU mem: 64MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0

Giving errors like this
Code:
09:38:32 T:1883239344   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.egl_render - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Dangelous, I will try that today.

Black_eagle, I have made the change remotely but Im doing at work now doing fire watch so I will have to get an update from the wife.

I'll keep updating.
Update: I changed the GPU allocation from 64 to 352 and made sure the hardware acceleration is on and that worked like a charm. All the videos are running fantastic.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] video plays with no picture0