Win Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and modded graphic drivers for windows 10
I am new at this posting here, not sure if this problem has been brought up, so forgive me if it has. Maybe someone can lead me in the right direction for Ive been dealing with it for countless hours for a month now.

I have a 6715 b HP lap top AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile technology TL-58 1.90 GHz Ram 4.00 GB 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 MT690 chip set.

I had no issues on windows 7 running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis. I upgraded to windows 10. Through windows 10 I received Microsoft basic driver in which is poor but ran Kodi 16.1 Jarvis with a very delayed mouse arrow only when kodi is running. AMD does not support my graphics any more so no update of driver. I am also running an external VGA Monitor WestingHouse LCM 22w3. After much research and stumbling across Digital Flem Mod, I was able to take old legacy drivers 10.2 and mod basic display for outstanding graphics, I also have a modded Monitor driver for LCM 22w3.

I ran DirectX setup to be sure everything is up to date. Driver runs (Device working properly) I must mention that I have to go through unsigned protocols for the drivers are not digitally signed. Ray with Flem mod has been helping me through his support on his Modded web site and made me a Custom modded driver in hopes to get Kodi 16.1 running for he tested with an old graphics but not the same.

He shows in screen shot of directX feature levels 9_1 9_2 9_3, in everything I do with modded drivers I can only get feature level 9_1 9_2 in directx windows 10. Not sure its a feature level in Directx problem, I just know the regular legacy driver 10.2 worked fine with Kodi 16.1 in windows 7.

I nor Ray know whats up here now. I would love to keep Windows 10 and modded sub perb graphics rather than crappy microsoft basic drivers. I just downloaded Instegrad 15.2 and it works fine with modded set up. However I will not be able to be up to date with Kodi and all it offers through builds ect. Why or what is it that is causing Jarvis 16.1 not to run? What could I possibly be missing? I even went to windows store to download and received Krypton thinking it would work this way. No success. When I run Kodi 16.1 and above all I get is the blue bubbled screen with an Exception error on exiting. No way to get into the settings of kodi menus. So I went back to basic driver to run Kodi and tried to disable DXVA2 and then uploaded modded driver and started Kodi to no success. Not sure what to do at this point. Can someone here help with this issue. I hope I explained and gave enough information for understanding. Thank You
Quote:had no issues on windows 7 running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Suggestion: try Krypton nighties from the forum link top left (portable mode from a stick would allow you to try out various solutions), you may have a bit of luck left. (the issue is pointing back at gfx drivers though) Log file/Advanced (wiki) note section: 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) and post to a public pastebin.com and link the URL back to this thread.

Interesting site, I wasn't even aware of http://digitalflem.mydiscussion.net/ might have use for other users of AMD legacy graphic cards.

P.S. paragraph breaks, helps long messages get read.

[Edit] Moved to video support.
(2016-09-27, 23:12)PatK Wrote:
Quote:had no issues on windows 7 running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Suggestion: try Krypton nighties from the forum link top left (portable mode from a stick would allow you to try out various solutions), you may have a bit of luck left. (the issue is pointing back at gfx drivers though) Log file/Advanced (wiki) note section: 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) and post to a public pastebin.com and link the URL back to this thread.

Interesting site, I wasn't even aware of http://digitalflem.mydiscussion.net/ might have use for other users of AMD legacy graphic cards.

P.S. paragraph breaks, helps long messages get read.

[Edit] Moved to video support.

Ok, thank you I will try and figure this out. Im an amateur but research well. Takes me a little bit longer navigating but learn as I go. Yes the Digital Flem is a pretty awesome site and very helpful but Kodi stumped us and I know it has to be simple just am not coming to the combination. Definately will google gpx drivers and learn more.
You'll find the Rage3D community has a lot of tips & tricks for AMD https://rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Ok created advancesttings.xml using note pad text document. I then put it in C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata. Its listed here in userdata now as advancesettings.xml text document. Arrowing back listed under appdata folder I see kodi_crashlog-16.1 Git_20160424-c327c5 listed twice then kodi_stacktrace " " " " listed twice. Which one do I pastebin and link back here, patience please why I figure that one out for when I open it there is no options to open other than look for an app option. Thank You
Oh I can open in Note Pad, however its greek to me, if I copy and paste to pastebin will you be able to read it then or did I do something wrong?
Sorry the 2 crashlogs are DMP files whatever that means and the 2 stacktrace are text documents 1 reading Thread 2792 (process 7604)
# 0 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 1 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 2
# 3
# 4 GetHookAPIs

and the other

Thread 2792 (process 7604)
# 0 GetHookAPIs

whatever that means
ok, I went ahead and pastebin.com public titled this url and sent both DMP files of crash log, but I dont see it here, I suppose you received them. Let me know please. For I am not sure I did it right being unfamiliar, I will await your response. Thank You
Quote:pastebin.com public titled this url and sent both DMP files of crash log, but I dont see it here
and neither do I.

A normal or debug log file makes more sense, with a time stamp for every Kodi function step at a time with versions and o/s and some hardware information. It sounds like you have not initiated the debug log yet.

You should have a file called kodi.log in the same place as the crash logs.

The advanedsettings.xml is located C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/advancesettings.xml and Note: Be sure to format this as a plain text document, and make sure it is titled advancedsettings.xml and make sure the extension is just .xml and not something like ".xml.txt" or ".xml.doc".

Inside is just this: (just cut & paste)

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

Once you have a log

Open the log, use copy 'keyboard cntl+c' to copy all the text you've highlighted. Open a new browser link to pastebin.com, and use the 'keyboard cntl v' to paste the debug log into the space... at the bottom of that page is a creat new paste, the page changes to the top asks if you're a robot, confirm and the top URL from the address line is what you paste in this forum for others to click and link to see your debug log.
I do not have a kodi.log I have a kodi (text file) and a kodi.old (text file) just above the crash files however when I open them it appears to be a log of what you explained above as for pastebin, I did that correctly then, its just crash files with a bunch of jibberish signs. I will go ahead and post this Kodi text file and kodi.old, I think maybe thats what your looking for. thank You
Yes I guess that's what I'm looking for kodi (text file) is the log file... hopefully with debug turned on. and a kodi.old (text file) this is the older log, Kodi makes a new one each time you run it.
(2016-09-28, 06:15)PatK Wrote: Yes I guess that's what I'm looking for kodi (text file) is the log file... hopefully with debug turned on. and a kodi.old (text file) this is the older log, Kodi makes a new one each time you run it.

Did you receive the logs? Was the debug turned on? Thank You
(2016-09-28, 23:17)schndtryme Wrote:
(2016-09-28, 06:15)PatK Wrote: Yes I guess that's what I'm looking for kodi (text file) is the log file... hopefully with debug turned on. and a kodi.old (text file) this is the older log, Kodi makes a new one each time you run it.

Did you receive the logs? Was the debug turned on? Thank You

schndtryme when you post to pastebin you are supposed to copy the link and share it here!
http://pastebin.com/eBvjjZYy
Thank you Pasado , much help appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and modded graphic drivers for windows 100