Build Error 10846 I think thats the #
over the last few builds I have tried im getting a compile error latley and im not sure what the issue is or how to debug this.

Code:
guilib/GUIFontBase.o: In function `CGUIFontBase::RemoveReference()':
/home/gateway/XBMC/guilib/GUIFontBase.cpp:26: undefined reference to `GUIFontManager::FreeFontFile(CGUIFontBase*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gateway/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/gateway/XBMC'
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas?
-------------
I Bare It All -Personal Blog
Remove guilib/GUIFontBase.o
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Also got problems compiling the last builds, removing the file above doesn't help. Here is my compile log:
klick me
Delete xbmc/cores/paplayer/FileReader.o
I fixed this by completely refreshing the directory with the file that was giving the error. Change to that directory, then

$ rm *
$ svn up

Then go back to the top of the tree and restart your build.
yea.. i wiped my complete xbmc build folder and got the latest build via svn.. im wondering why this is happening?
-------------
I Bare It All -Personal Blog
It's just stale (old) .o (object files).

$ rm -Rf *.o

will kill em all off.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Rather than making a bunch of extra compile error threads, I thought I'd post this here. I followed the instructions in the README.linux, have all the pre-reqs installed on my ubuntu 7.10 32-bit box, and am getting the following compilation error in guilib. I tried make clean and tried deleting the entire source tree and refreshing it from SVN.

Any thoughts?

Quote:g++ -c -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_SDL_2D -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/System/Posix CueDocument.cpp -o CueDocument.o
GraphicContext.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual CGraphicContext::~CGraphicContext()’:
GraphicContext.cpp:69: error: ‘viewport’ was not declared in this scope
GraphicContext.cpp:69: error: type ‘<type error>’ argument given to ‘delete’, expected pointer
make[1]: *** [GraphicContext.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/guilib'
make: *** [guilib] Error 2
What version of gcc are you using?
It's the standard ubuntu GCC, full info is below.

Quote:Using built-in specs.

Target: i486-linux-gnu

Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.3 --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
So I just rebuilt it without -disable-gl and it built fine. But my test machine has a rage XL videocard, so it won't run. Is the SDL configuration broken, somehow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build Error 10846 I think thats the #0