Library version update for 16 or 17?
I'm on Version 15.2 because I was unhappy with 16.0 stability.
I also love Aeon Nox (one particular build infact)

I figure eventually I need to switch to 17 but I run MySQL on my HTPC, will it split the database like they used to or should it work fine?
Thanks
What exactly do you mean by "split the database... OR should it work fine"?
It will "split" the database (upgrade a copy of it to a higher version) AND work fine after that. At least, that's how it's supposed to work. If you are wary to upgrade, wait for a few weeks after the final version is out.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
With some of the earlier Krypton builds there were a few issues people experienced with upgrading their MySQL databases. The best thing to do when you start V17 for the first time, is to just wait until the new Estuary skin appears.

Some people were under the impression that Kodi had crashed or was unresponsive and had forcibly closed it. Clearly this left the databases in an unfinished state and caused errors on subsequent re-starts.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Latest nightly will tell you what happens like database or Addon upgrades
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-29, 16:03)PH-SYM Wrote: What exactly do you mean by "split the database... OR should it work fine"?
It will "split" the database (upgrade a copy of it to a higher version) AND work fine after that. At least, that's how it's supposed to work. If you are wary to upgrade, wait for a few weeks after the final version is out.

I'm guessing that means it is a new version again, sometimes the database doesn't get changed.
I think I'll hold off, I wanted to test on a spare computer.
I hope people are still working on Aeon Nox Sad it's the best one by a long long shot
If you just want a 'try', you might consider installing in portable mode on a spare USB stick http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable
Database versions are in the fine manual. http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr, wow yeah ok significantly further forward.

I can't remember how the code works, I know it'll segment off a clone of the database for me, can I run 17 nightly on my desktop and 15.2 on my HTPC without major incident?
Library updates on the 15.2 version won't show on 17 and vice versa or no?
When you install and run 17 it will create new databases on the MySQL server. Your 17 machines will use the 17 databases, your 15 machines will use the 15 databases.

Yes if you update your library from a 17 machine, it will only affect the 17 databases. And vice versa.

And watched statuses will only be updated on the database matching the version you are watching on.

So yeah, it is a PITA to run both versions. My common usage is to run a new version only on a test machine, and then delete the experimental versions of the new database and then update all of the working machines at once. Then the watched statuses will be carried across from the working machines. But that is the luxury of having a few spare machines to test with.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library version update for 16 or 17?0