Kodi from windows store gives me a BSOD. Why?
installed the windows 10 anniversay update and tried the new kodi app from windows store but evry single time it crashes my pc with a BSOD.

anyone know why this happens? 

already got the kodi installed on my pc, can it be a conflict between them both?
what is the error listed in the BSOD? can you share the minidump file in C:\Windows\Minidump or post the callstack? thanks!
Please help us and Microsoft getting this fixed by doing the following:
Getting a Watson bucket from the reliability monitor
1. Click "Start" and type in "View Reliability History"
2. In the graph at the top, select the day that the blue screen happened
3. Look down in the list and select the right event (not sure exactly what it will say, but I suspect it will be a critical event. You should be able to tell by the Date whether it’s the right one)
4. Right click on that event, and choose View Technical Details
5. Please give us the Bucket ID text at the end of the list that is between the ( )
Thank you
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Erm. I do use unofficial addons. Will that be a problem posting bug info
It's not a Kodi log but a Windows crashdump
here you go

Any luck with why it crashes?
From our MS contac:
Quote:The files were very helpful in confirming the issue. It looks like it might be the cause of the STATUS_FATAL_APP_EXIT_40000015_python27.dll!Unknown crash. It is related to AMD drivers.

Would you please ask ******** to try the following:

If they have AMD driver 16.9.* version installed, we should ask them to revert to lower version (at least we know that 16.7.3 doesn’t cause the BSOD in Kodi).
16.9.2 - latest beta, this causes bsod
16.9.1 - most recent WHQL, this causes bsod (this driver only came out sept 13th)
16.7.3 - prior WHQL, Kodi win store runs fine, no bsod or crashes of any kind so far.

How to uninstall AMD driver:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...aspx#Win10

This is the AMD driver to install:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ap...ws+10+-+32 (32 bit)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ap...ws+10+-+64 (64 bit)

Thanks,

So again it's AMD with issues Smile

They are working on a solution and will let us know when it's done/available or whatever.
Thanks I'll look at it now. I've done a clean install of windows today... I got bored. Lol first thing was to install it again and same results. Bsod. Just waiting for some window update and then ill try the above with the amd driver and I'll let turn know shortly if it's a success
(2016-10-01, 14:43)Martijn Wrote: From our MS contac:
Quote:The files were very helpful in confirming the issue. It looks like it might be the cause of the STATUS_FATAL_APP_EXIT_40000015_python27.dll!Unknown crash. It is related to AMD drivers.

Would you please ask ******** to try the following:

If they have AMD driver 16.9.* version installed, we should ask them to revert to lower version (at least we know that 16.7.3 doesn’t cause the BSOD in Kodi).
16.9.2 - latest beta, this causes bsod
16.9.1 - most recent WHQL, this causes bsod (this driver only came out sept 13th)
16.7.3 - prior WHQL, Kodi win store runs fine, no bsod or crashes of any kind so far.

How to uninstall AMD driver:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...aspx#Win10

This is the AMD driver to install:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ap...ws+10+-+32 (32 bit)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ap...ws+10+-+64 (64 bit)

Thanks,

So again it's AMD with issues Smile

They are working on a solution and will let us know when it's done/available or whatever.

I have the exact same problem since I recently switched from nVidia to AMD, and I guess it's the newest driver that I have installed.
My question is, will you be kind enough to give us a link or a place where to check from time to time to see if the problem is gone? Or maybe you will make an announcement on forum somewhere. So I ( and the rest) don't have to get bluescreen every day by checking Big Grin
Thanks!

P.S. I can't go with an older version of the driver since every new version fixes small issues with the new RX480 that AMD still has, so I don't want to rollback to previous driver and have other issues.
I'll post it here IF i hear something. Until then either rollback or use the desktop Kodi install which has no issues.
Thank you Sir.
I use the desktop version for years now, it's absolutly zero hastle, I actually use the v17 beta2, and works great, I was just curious about the Win10 Store App because I read some good reviews.
I'll check here.
UPDATE:

Been a few days now and so far so good. Almost..

Def the driver thats the problem. I rolled back as noted and it installed and im up and running.
have now noticed that a few addons end to stop playing every now and again
Ive reverted back to jarvis 16.1

So many porblems with the Krypton builds. Main one is alot of addons suddenly stopped working. No settings have been changed, all on default. i play media in the addons and nothing. It happened on at least 7 addons over the weekend. I backed evrything up, removed the store version. Installed Kodi 17 beta 3 from this site uisng windows installer. Restored my backup and same again.

I gave up, put Jarvis on and reset evrything again. Didnt use the backup, i installed repos and addons myself and in the end, 3 hrs of no disruptions and addons i had problems with before worked fine.
" Microsoft has rolled out a fix for users of the Kodi UWP version in combination with AMD videocard that had BSOD. For more information see: Blue screen with error code 0×139 ". Don't know if anyone still follows this post but seems like the issue was fixed by Microsoft.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi from windows store gives me a BSOD. Why?0