Req Introduce "Cathegories" / "G" to Video Addons and allow to filter according them
As the amouth of Video Addons grows, and it isnt alwas easy to finde the "right" Addon i would suggest to Introduce VideoAddon-Cathegories / Genres

The Idea is to Introduse "Cathegories" to Video Addons

currently we only Have "ListItem.AddonType" wich returns just what Kinde of addon it is (screensaver, script, skin, etc...)

i would like to suggest a additional Label "ListItem.VideoAddonCathegory" and allow Kodi to filter according it.

---

The Idea is to let the Addon developer set there Cathegories / Genres in there Video-Addon.

They schuld choose from a pregiven List. (It shuld'nt be possible to choose any "Cathegory" / "Genre")

Example:

Kids, Sport, Education, Funny, Gamers, Music, Media/TV library, etc

---

This way it would be much easyer to finde the Addon which matches ur Taste.
Lets say ur Looking for a Video addon for ur Kids, simply filter by "Kids", or ur interested in Sports simply filter by "Sports"

Regards.
I was going to suggest this, but it looks like it may no longer work.
kinde of rememer this Addon (never used it) -> goes at least kinde of in that direction.

(even if it would work, not shure if it would be possible to "hardskin" what i had in minde + it would only work for already installed Addons (as much i get that right), which isnt as important to me as for uninstalled repo Addons, but how ever, nice catch!, so thanks.)

-

i'll Try to explain my Idea a bit better:

just the Video Addon section of the official Kodi Repository holds currently 334 Video Addons! If u've got other 3rd Party repos installed, you have quickly close to 400 Addons to choose from.

Finding a Addon which fits your Taste isnt easy if you're not already knew all services.

Therefore i did touth it would make sense to allow to group them in "Cathegories"

The way i had in minde how this could work:

1st: "Filter option", as already knewn from the Video section. (there is already a "filter option" in the Addonbrowser but this option filters only by letters.)

2nd: sort by: "Cathegorie". A sort option, as already knewn from the Video Section, with the Option to: sort by: Name (Addon Name), Date (Release Date), Downloads (Most Downloaded), Cathegory (the suggestet Cathegories in Alphabetical order -> means as example: on top of the list "E"ducation, "F"unny, "G"amers, and so on)
Ok, you're referring to the addons available in the repos, I misunderstood. I never thought of that, when I install from the repo I am looking for a specific addon. I like your idea though, a lot of addons could go unnoticed because users don't know they're available. If 'tags' could be applied to the addon, maybe that would help/solve the 'problem'?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introduce "Cathegories" / "G" to Video Addons and allow to filter according them0