Solved Discogs and Fanart for artists on a compilation manually tagged
I have a VA album (compilation) unknown by Musicbrainz, so had to manually tag it with mp3tag. Therfore there are no MBIDs and the scraping process does not pick up discogs and fanart. Since those look very nice on screen for the other artists, I would like to "add" them without going through a multistep work for every artist.

Is this possible and how do I do it?

Rgds. from Vienna, Austria,
Heinz
The "thumb" for albums and songs in the library views (including the info dialogs) comes from the album cover, either in tags or in the folder containing the songs (assumes all songs in folder are from the same tagged album). The "fanart" comes from the tagged album artist. This could be "various artists" or a language-specific translation of "various artists". You can assign an image file as the "fanart" for various artists (or language-specific translation) in the user interface and it will be used for all albums and songs tagged as "various artists". If you organize your music in a folder structure with an "artist" folder containing sub-folders containing "albums" by that album artist, then a file named "fanart.jpg" in that "artist" folder should be found and set as the "fanart" if there is no scraped image. This is also true if the album artist is named "Various Artists".

scott s.
scott967,

thx for your explanation. For artists in a manually tagged VA compilation album if done:

- switched Settings-Music-Library "show artists in compilation only" (or whatever the english text is, I've german appearance) to on
- went to Music and scrolled thru Library view - artists, when ever there was information missing use the context menu - artist information - update and fetched all available discog information and fanart automatically.

THX,
Heinz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discogs and Fanart for artists on a compilation manually tagged0