• 7(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] MPlayer porting to XBMC for Linux/Mac/Windows?
renatoriolino, furthermore, posting bug reports (following the stickied guidelines) will allow us to improve dvdplayer.
renatoriolino Wrote:Hi. I've been using MythTv and Geexbox for while and than I found XBMC. After grabbing some info about it I've decided to try it. I removed MythTv from my PC and installed Ubuntu 8.10 + Atlantis 8.10. I just fall in love with the clean and beatiful GUI and the scrapers are AMAZING.

But besides of all of this, today I am returning to GeexBox because dvdplayer can play only 10% of my video collection. All the other 90% I got frame drops and audio sync issues (CPU is below 20%) because somehow the dvdplayers codecs can't correctly decode my videos. Mplayer play all perfect.

I wish there were some way to use XBMC GUI and scrappers with mplayer as backend. It would be a dream.

I know that must be a lot of difficults to integrate both, but I simple way to call my system mplayer passing the movie as parameter would already be better then falling back to geexbox/mythtv IMO.

Thanks

It would be helpful to know the video encoding format (not container) of your video content. It could be you had something misconfigured too.
davilla Wrote:It would be helpful to know the video encoding format (not container) of your video content. It could be you had something misconfigured too.

I have uploaded a debug log here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=296250

I'll do a search for the external player.

Thanks!!
Since you are using Atlantis 8.10, it's very possible that many of those problems are fixed in svn. Since you are running Ubuntu, you might give the svn-ppa a try.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] MPlayer porting to XBMC for Linux/Mac/Windows?0