Getting excessive captcha challenges from Cloudflare? Post here!
If you're getting a page like below excessively:

Please let us know! We have implemented Cloudflare as a CDN/Firewall in front of our sites, but because of the amount of code being posted, sometimes a code block is similar to one that an exploit uses, so it triggers a challenge. We've tried to tweak it as much as possible, but if you're continually receiving them, please post here so we can investigate.

We will need the Ray ID, or just post if you're the person having the issue directly after having the issue and the admin can look up your IP, provided it's the same IP as the one having the issue.

I will be made this post sticky.
Is there any way to just turn off that kind of protection? At least for the wiki? I understand protecting against DDOS's and using CloudFlare as a CDN, but protecting against these kinds of text string exploits should just be a happy bonus, and not a burden. It's happening more and more on the wiki, and there users don't even have the option of using a captcha. They're just flat out blocked, and they don't know why. It happens with totally benign text that doesn't even contain code snippets.

If I'm lucky, someone will ask me about it because they know how to contact me directly, but most people don't do that.

EDIT: I just saw in your other post that wiki users will now get the captcha challenge. That should be enough for us, thanks!
Trying to preview changes to the Add-On:Library Node Editor (wiki) page I'm getting blocked with no catchpa option. IP address is (according to the CloudFlare page) 79.75.73.21. Cheers.
I don't see that IP come up... Can you post the image you're receiving? Is there a Ray ID on it?
Sure. Screenshots are here: http://imgur.com/a/gKqR5, the ray ID is shown in the second and is 2ec15628a2dd362f.
My mistake, you're working on the wiki, and I was looking at forum rules. Should be resolved now.
Indeed resolved. Thanks Smile
Please see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302078
These CAPTCHAs still occur quite frequently in the Tor browser (a browser designed for anonymous web surfing).
Many Cloudflare-infected sites seem to be getting better, but does Kodi have the firewall set particularly strict?

Not sure if it is notable, but Cloudflare also protects the websites for banned addons. It does appear you dodged getting a SSL certificate that throws them in with you, according to the SSL Labs check I just ran.

Did you ever try shopping for other WAF solutions like Incapsula or Sucuri (not related to any but whenever I mention Incapsula on Twitter I get a Like)?

EDIT: It appears Cloudflare no longer excessively blocks Tor users.
BTW, for any folks on Tor, there might be an option to use Privacy Pass firefox plugin. Cloudflare says:
"Privacy Pass is a browser extension developed by the Privacy Pass Team to improve the browsing experience for your visitors. Enabling Privacy Pass will reduce the number of CAPTCHAs shown to your visitors."

So we've enabled that, not sure if it helps, but let us know!
I can no longer put sql into my post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2928411
Cloudflare Ray ID: 59edf58dc8950000
it is not requesting capture, just blocking my posts
(2020-06-06, 02:23)glubbish Wrote: I can no longer put sql into my post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2928411

This should be fixed, it should challenge you now, and it will not challenge for a week.
(2020-06-06, 18:47)keith Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 02:23)glubbish Wrote: I can no longer put sql into my post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2928411

This should be fixed, it should challenge you now, and it will not challenge for a week.

Indeed resolved.
@Janrover I've removed your signature - you might like to set up a new one. While I absolutely appreciate the sentiment, and it's a good message, our forum rules (wiki) prohibit certain things, namely:

5. Signatures and avatars which promote political, religious or other affiliations not related to Kodi are not allowed and may be removed at the discretion of the moderator team.
6. Links in signatures are to be limited to XBMC.org / Kodi.tv domains and legal sites related to Kodi (For example, a site dedicated to a dev’s Kodi addon). In case of doubt, please consult one of the forum moderator team.

Any questions, please ask, but otherwise... keep it on topic, please.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
im getting this a lot lately, less so an issue that i have to do the captcha challenge and more so that the forum doesnt seem to handle the failure properly

i get a 403 with a response of "Please enable javascript" if this occurs when posting a quick reply

the spinner just sits there without alerting me there was an error or that i need to do anything, i have to check my developer panel to know something isnt right otherwise it just looks like a slow connection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting excessive captcha challenges from Cloudflare? Post here!0