Navigation multi-episode TV-show DVDS
I have quite a few DVDs with TV shows on it, and ripping each episode separately into one file per episode would take me weeks. So instead I have simply made copies of each VIDEO_TS directory and named them according to the instructions in the wiki. Using my Blackadder collection as an example, this leaves me with four subdirectories (one for each six-episode season each), as follows:

Code:
/[mountpoint]/Blackadder
                |
                +---------------- s01e01e02e03e04e05e06
                |                         |
                |                         +-------- Season 1 VOB / BUP / IFO files live here
                |
                +---------------- s01e01e02e03e04e05e06
                |                         |
                |                         +-------- Season 2 VOB / BUP / IFO files live here
              ... Etc ...

The episodes are being scraped correctly, and appear in the library as they should. So far so good.

But when I select an episode in the library, I end up in the DVD's main menu and again need to select the episode I want there. Not the end of the world, but inelegant and (to me) irritating.

Is there a way around this short of ripping each episode into a separate file?

All pointers in the right direction are appreciated!

// FvW
Check out bookmarks (wiki) and how to set episode bookmarks. That should allow each episode entry to go to the correct DVD title.
Yep, that works. I was hoping there would be a more elegant and/or advanced way to handle this, but it will serve. :-)

Thanks for the pointer! I appreciate it.

// FvW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation multi-episode TV-show DVDS0