Playing VIDEO_TS files ON Kodi - various questions
Hey guys

New here, but been using Kodi for a year or so now. However, I want to expand on its usage, and bite the bullet on my massive DVD collection at the same time.

I have three devices running Kodi. Two are Android TV's and one is an iOS device (which a fresh install of Kodi only lasts a couple of days on before refusing to launch - but that's another story). I'd like to stream my multiple TB of DVD-Video files from my USB hard drives via Kodi. I imagine doing this is a case of adding a server as a source on Kodi, and going from there? I do have some queries though.

1. My USB hard drives are just that - they are not NAS drives. I'm willing to invest in a NAS drive if necessary to do this. Do I definitely need one to do this? I imagine I would just configure it, connect it to my router, and point Kodi toward it.
2. When doing so, do I need an add-on to browse the directory structure or can Kodi handle this natively?
3. Long shot and not necessary but would be very nice to have - is there a way I can access this new server when I'm not on the same network (say I'm away in a hotel on my iOS device)?

Sorry for the noobish questions, but wanted to get my situation written down to get some bespoke advice.
I have sort of answered question 2 because I put a couple of DVD folder structures on my USB stick and it played them just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing VIDEO_TS files ON Kodi - various questions0