Tuner no longer available
Windows 10 64 bit
Kodi 16.1
NextPVR 3.8.3

I can't watch live TV while recording is ongoing (same channel). It will complain tuner no longer available.

Also, watching tv program that's currently being recorded appears to be problematic for seeking. It gets long delay (5-10 seconds) for a skip-forward, showing buffering on top.

Is there any setting or tweaking required?

Thanks
Moved to PVR section.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-03, 05:12)cheerful Wrote: Windows 10 64 bit
Kodi 16.1
NextPVR 3.8.3

I can't watch live TV while recording is ongoing (same channel). It will complain tuner no longer available.
If you want to reproduce this, and post the NextPVR logs, I'll take a look.
How many tuners are available? For what you are doing at least two are required.
(2016-10-03, 16:32)GeoffG Wrote: How many tuners are available? For what you are doing at least two are required.
If it's the same channel (or a channel on the same frequency for digital tuners), NextPVR will generally share a single tuner for this purpose. The logs should tell us why that hasn't happened in this case.
This appears to be a problem with 3.8.3

Reinstall 3.7.7 and it's working well again. Strangely, even with a full uninstall and install, About still shows 3.8.3
(2016-10-12, 04:34)cheerful Wrote: This appears to be a problem with 3.8.3
I've not seen any other reports of this, so I doubt this is the case.

I'm still happy to look at logs showing the problem.
Where should I gather the log?

Thanks
The NextPVR are collected in the NextPVR Settings screen, buy clicking the 'zip my logs and show me where they are' button. The kodi.log is in %APPDATA%\Kodi or something like that.

Restart the recording service (to reset the logs), and reproduce the problem, minimising any extra unrequired steps (so the logs dont' have lots of other unrelated stuff), then post the logs.
Did clean installation this time. It has improved. I can view the channel that's recorded. Viewing program TV -> Recording, fast forward also improved, with about 1 sec delay (I can see seeking, buffering, playing displayed at the top).

Another thing is Guide has been significantly improved. Smile
ok great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner no longer available0