@ronie - Why did you kill the threads
Hi Ronie,

A post just for you - there are other threads that raise the same question (not just by myself).

What was the reason that you binned and closed all the support threads for:

AddonSync
AudioBooks
eBooks
FilmWise
PinSentry
RandomScreensaver
Recap
Sleep
Sonos
Suitability
TvTunes
TvTunesScreensaver
VideoExtras
VideoScreensaver
WeatherScreensaver

If @ronie is still in hiding, please can another Kodi Team member shed some light on this.

Would be interested to know the real reason for this - the "name clash" originally raised no longer exists.

Thanks

Rob
Well, addons like TvTunes, VideoExtras or VideoScreensaver even are integrated into several skins, making it difficult to ignore them.

On the other hand I don't believe that all these discussions on the forum will solve the problem; so maybe to avoid any misunderstanding and to clarify the issue you simply pick up the phone and TALK with each other ?
(2016-10-03, 12:54)malvinas2 Wrote: Well, addons like TvTunes, VideoExtras or VideoScreensaver even are integrated into several skins, making it difficult to ignore them.

On the other hand I don't believe that all these discussions on the forum will solve the problem; so maybe to avoid any misunderstanding and to clarify the issue you simply pick up the phone and TALK with each other ?

Phone?

Tried PM - it's disabled for @ronie - forum seems to be the only real way - and also, other Kodi Team members can reply if @ronie fails to.

Rob
(2016-10-03, 12:54)malvinas2 Wrote: On the other hand I don't believe that all these discussions on the forum will solve the problem; so maybe to avoid any misunderstanding and to clarify the issue you simply pick up the phone and TALK with each other ?

How about instead there be transparent, rational rules and rulings?
Well, @ronie came, he read - then obviously decided there was no way of defending his actions, and went away again!

Please can some-one from the Kodi Team asnwer this - the constant wall of silence is really a bit dumb.

Rob
The thought police seldom explain themselves.... you obviously broke one of the many many rules that are never explained lol. What a joke.
(2016-10-03, 12:54)malvinas2 Wrote: Well, addons like TvTunes, VideoExtras or VideoScreensaver even are integrated into several skins, making it difficult to ignore them.

I'm not sure you understand malvinas2' the phone idea is out of the question as Kodi is a global community and would cost far too much, as Rob says the forum is the only option available.
(2016-10-03, 22:43)Pasado Wrote: I'm not sure you understand malvinas2' the phone idea is out of the question as Kodi is a global community and would cost far too much, as Rob says the forum is the only option available.

Maybe phone sounds old-fashioned, nevertheless this was a serious advice, not a joke.

International phone calls between the States, Europe and e.g. Australia cost a few cents/minute, no matter if we are talking about US-$ or Euros. Or use something like WebEx or WhatsApp ;-)
And quite probably the discussion can be closed much easier and faster than writing endless debates on the forum (well, concerning this point RobWebSet exaggerates a little bit, publishing every hour a new post, not given the Kodi-Team time to react).
(2016-10-03, 23:06)malvinas2 Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 22:43)Pasado Wrote: I'm not sure you understand malvinas2' the phone idea is out of the question as Kodi is a global community and would cost far too much, as Rob says the forum is the only option available.

Maybe phone sounds old-fashioned, nevertheless this was a serious advice, not a joke.

International phone calls between the States, Europe and e.g. Australia cost a few cents/minute, no matter if we are talking about US-$ or Euros. Or use something like WebEx or WhatsApp ;-)
And quite probably the discussion can be closed much easier and faster than writing endless debates on the forum (well, concerning this point RobWebSet exaggerates a little bit, publishing every hour a new post, not given the Kodi-Team time to react).

Ok FYI I did not say or infer at anytime that your statement was a joke! So wind your neck in! And as for not given the Kodi-Team time to react.. Have you actually read any of these threads? How long do you think is long enough before Kodi-Team react? A week, a month, never??

Actually No don't answer that your views no longer interest me.
You might also try to get into the #kodi-dev channel on freenode. It might seem empty, but we're listening and responding to stuff via our irc-Slack bridge.
Not sure if you can get your answers there in this case, but just in general.

Edit: I please respect that the purpose of that channel is only for dev communication. Users asking for hints how to install kodi from the Droid store etc, will be asked to go to #kodi.
(2016-10-03, 23:20)Pasado Wrote: Ok FYI I did not say or infer at anytime that your statement was a joke! So wind your neck in!
Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side this morning? Agressive posts like your ones are the reason for the main part of the disputes.

(2016-10-03, 23:20)Pasado Wrote: And as for not given the Kodi-Team time to react.. Have you actually read any of these threads? How long do you think is long enough before Kodi-Team react? A week, a month, never??
Well, there have been quite a few reactions of Kodi members indeed. But as it is a TEAM they need time to coordinate themselves before they can give a final answer.

(2016-10-03, 23:20)Pasado Wrote: Actually No don't answer that your views no longer interest me.
That's what I call 'solution-oriented thinking'
about the "phone call to expensive" argument, there is stuff like Skype, WhatsApp Phone, Hangouts, ... that allow "phone calls" without costs. And yes, ronie disabled PMs, just as many other team members that got spammed by random users. And even though he has read this thread (or at least had the thread opened), there is no rule to give instant replies. In general it's sometimes better to step back, calm down and rather post the next day instead of doing some emotional reply with a wording that you might regret later on. This is something more people should do IMO.
(2016-10-04, 08:23)da-anda Wrote: about the "phone call to expensive" argument, there is stuff like Skype, WhatsApp Phone, Hangouts, ... that allow "phone calls" without costs. And yes, ronie disabled PMs, just as many other team members that got spammed by random users. And even though he has read this thread (or at least had the thread opened), there is no rule to give instant replies. In general it's sometimes better to step back, calm down and rather post the next day instead of doing some emotional reply with a wording that you might regret later on. This is something more people should do IMO.

I believe the request was for a sharing of the decisions taken in deciding to trash the posts in question.

Which should have been taken using an objective and logical decision process.

Doesn't have to be via the forum, as I understand the situation a response to a PM would be sufficient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
@ronie - Why did you kill the threads0