Updated the Subsonic addon !
Hi guys, I forked the Subsonic addon by basilfx, which was broken.

My first idea was just to make it work again; but I ended up rewriting a lot of the code and adding nice new features, including downloading tracks !

You can download it here !

Enjoy...
Which features did you add? Long time refunding user here. How does this incorporate into the kodi library? @zag this may be of interest.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
It's all written on Github :

- main code (main.py) fully rewritten
- Use SimplePlugin framework (http://romanvm.github.io/script.module.s...index.html)
- Download tracks (context menu)
- Star tracks (context menu)
- Random tracks submenu
- Cache datas (WIP
Will not install.
[plugin.audio.subsonic]: The dependency on script.module.simpleplugin version 2.0.1 could not be satisfied
@Pasado : fixed ! Please download v.2.0.4.
(2016-10-04, 03:22)gordie Wrote: Hi guys, I forked the Subsonic addon by basilfx, which was broken.

My first idea was just to make it work again; but I ended up rewriting a lot of the code and adding nice new features, including downloading tracks !

You can download it here !

Enjoy...

+1

Great work gordie, excellent work, many thanks.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks! Cool!Nod
Hey Gordie

+1

I like that Plugin a lot.

Maybe it is an good idea to make the Plugin multilanguage

I Started with it already.
@gordie - would you consider submitting this add-on to the official kodi repo?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Finally found this one after the old addon stopped working, I'm glad someone rewrote it. Thanks gordie.

But I have an issue with it, I can't connect to my subsonic server. I'll suspect the addon ignoring the webroot of subsonic?

I have it run behind a reverse nginx proxy with https://host/subsonic ... the weblogs are showing requests without the webroot.
Anyone experienced this? Or might this be a feature request on github Wink Thanks!

Edit: Just played around a little, if I add the webroot hardcoded to the connection.py of the libsonic module on line 100 (before the /rest):

Code:
serverPath='/subsonic/rest', appName='py-sonic', apiVersion=API_VERSION,

It is working for me. So I guess it's a feature request to allow for a webroot option.
It works!

First time I've tried Subsonic. Went with a Madsonic server, setting up a .madsonic.org address.

Got a couple of questions:

1. Is the traffic being routed locally?

2. How do I browse by other parameters, such as Genre or Year?

Thanks
I'm sorry for the noob question, but:

I've been using running my own subsonic server for years, and have finally tried installing it on my raspbian/kodi system.

Got the plugin working, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect it to my own personal server.

I'm running raspberrypi 4.9.35-v7+ with kodi v17.3

Thank you!
Hi,

@gordie

addon is working great.

but how do i add this as source to my music library, i would prefer to use it that way, is that possible?
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
You can only use this addon with Subsonic servers or also with Airsonic?

Also interessted in Norin_Radds question, about integration of Subsonic (or Airsonic) libraries into KODI music libraries.
(2019-10-06, 12:21)Falcon_X Wrote: You can only use this addon with Subsonic servers or also with Airsonic?

Also interessted in Norin_Radds question, about integration of Subsonic (or Airsonic) libraries into KODI music libraries.

I am also very interested in both of these questions as well. I already use Airsonic on my phone to stream my music library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated the Subsonic addon !0