[WIP] Boardgame themed screensaver
Hello,

I stumbled across sphere's multi-slideshow screensaver while looking for a slideshow solution for my reddit addon.
I'm intrigued by the possibility of combining slideshow and the internet into a "guess-that-thing" screensaver.
This is my second shot at that idea; my first one being a who's that pokémon clone.

This is a screensaver for boardgame lovers.
It gathers a list of popular boardgames from boardgamegeek.com. It picks one game at random and then picks 5 images that are hopefully tagged as components.
The images are shown on screen together with info about the boardgame. Finally the boardgame name and cover is shown. See if you guessed it correctly.

Feedback and ideas welcome

https://github.com/gedisony/script.screensaver.whatsit

EDIT:
Before running the screensaver for the first time, please open the add-on setting and hit "ok" so that kodi will create the profile folder.
A suggestion. You don't have to open the settings first and hit ok.
You can use a code check to see if the userdata folder exists and if not create it. Should only be few lines of code.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I was worried about multiple profiles.
So it's okay for my addon to create its userdata folder?
Thanks!
I added the change.
Yes its totally fine to create your own userdata Addon folder. Make sure you use the translate path function (see kodi pydics) to the "profile" folder of the logged in user. Then you can check if the Addon id folder is there, if not create it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Boardgame themed screensaver0