Solved [Kodi v17 Krypton] Ratings a bit mixed up
So I got this crazy idea to start with from the fact that my smartplaylists in kodi stopped working. My smartplaylist with requiring a rating greater than 4 show's no songs and my smart playlist requiring a mood of mellow and rating greater than 3 shows no songs. I also tried creating a new playlist requiring a rating greater than 1 with no luck.

Then I found this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging

The kodi wiki clearly shows 16.1 read rating and mood tags while 17 does not.

My first result of a google search of kodi 17 doesn't read rating tag was this thread which from my first scan through the posts talks about a change to the way kodi is reading ratings and that the workaround was creating nfo files with ratings in it and trying to decode the way media monkey writes the rating to the tag and also the need for a script to transfer info from the tags to the nfo's to make it anywhere near feasible. Maybe I got the wrong idea from the thread, I'll have to re read it i guess.

In either case smart playlists are not working for me. Removing the rating and mood dependencies shows the entire library, but with either of those tag requirements the playlists fail.
Quote:The kodi wiki clearly shows 16.1 read rating and mood tags while 17 does not.
The intention in that table is to show what tags are added in v17 compared to those in v16.1, all the v16 tags are still processed.

If you read the thread it explains that the way ratings are stored internally to Kodi has changed, they are now values 0 to 10, and their are two ratings values "rating" and "userrating". Your data has been converted to this range. Your playlist rules simply need modifying from say rating>3 to userrating > 6.

Not sure why your mood playlsit is not woking, as the mood tag and rule has not changed AKAIK, did the playlist combine rating and mood rules?
(2017-02-16, 08:45)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:The kodi wiki clearly shows 16.1 read rating and mood tags while 17 does not.
The intention in that table is to show what tags are added in v17 compared to those in v16.1, all the v16 tags are still processed.

I've updated the wiki to reflect this.
So since you said it should be working, I did some more testing. First I tried a playlist with only a mood rule and it worked this time(pretty sure it didn't before), so that narrowed the culprit down to the rating rules. Still no luck on Rating. Then I switched the rule to My Rating and voila.

So Rating in V16 is now My Rating in V17.

Not really a fan of that change. Like was said earlier by someone else, I could care less what someone else rates a song. And I'm pretty sure there are no internet rating databases to pull an overall Rating from unless it's just to prepare for that in the future.

And like you said 3/5 is now 6/10.

Personally I like that change since now I can create a rule that includes half stars. 3.5 = 7. Where as before you could only use rules for full stars. I do agree skins would be best to stick to the 5 star norm though.

And since I've got your ear...
One thing that should be changed in a future version is the ability to remove music from the library. Currently there is no way. You can remove the source, but the library remains intact but unusable. The only way I found to clear the music library is to delete the database file(s) in the profile.

And it wouldn't hurt to be able to read other parts of the tag such as Occasion and Tempo. Maybe even adding in a Custom option when you could type in for example: Mood, then also the value.

Sorry if I came out swinging at first, just been really frustrated with other parts of the upgrade causing havok too(android < 5.0 not supported thereby making mysql unusable on multi version network)
(2017-02-17, 06:43)slydog3333 Wrote: Not really a fan of that change. Like was said earlier by someone else, I could care less what someone else rates a song. And I'm pretty sure there are no internet rating databases to pull an overall Rating from unless it's just to prepare for that in the future.

Actually its quite a nice change as if you take movies as an example, I like to see the IMDB rating but also my own personal rating. Kodi is now universal in this through music and video.

As for internet sites available, TheAudioDB already does this.Take Michael Jackson - Thriller as an example

The site can store both track and album ratings, and averages those out to total ratings that can be scraped using an Add-on now.

The best thing is, if you rate those items on the TADB site you can now pull down those ratings to any of your Kodi clients in a few seconds.

This opens up all kinds of possibilities like sharing ratings with your friends, or subscribing to new services that identify good music based on user feedback.
Can anyone remember what Kodi version the ratings were changed from a scale of 5 to 10?
From 16 to 17
(2017-02-17, 10:39)docwra Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 06:43)slydog3333 Wrote: Not really a fan of that change. Like was said earlier by someone else, I could care less what someone else rates a song. And I'm pretty sure there are no internet rating databases to pull an overall Rating from unless it's just to prepare for that in the future.

Actually its quite a nice change as if you take movies as an example, I like to see the IMDB rating but also my own personal rating. Kodi is now universal in this through music and video.

As for internet sites available, TheAudioDB already does this.Take Michael Jackson - Thriller as an example

The site can store both track and album ratings, and averages those out to total ratings that can be scraped using an Add-on now.

The best thing is, if you rate those items on the TADB site you can now pull down those ratings to any of your Kodi clients in a few seconds.

This opens up all kinds of possibilities like sharing ratings with your friends, or subscribing to new services that identify good music based on user feedback.

Did theaudiodb scraper pull the average rating and put them in the kodi db?

If not, see this as a request Wink
(2017-04-06, 11:22)meowmoo Wrote: Did theaudiodb scraper pull the average rating and put them in the kodi db?

If not, see this as a request Wink

Nope that is a nice feature request. Personally I like my own ratings which I use this Add-on

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309611
(2017-04-06, 10:35)docwra Wrote: Can anyone remember what Kodi version the ratings were changed from a scale of 5 to 10?

PR 8405 in Dec 2015.

scott s.
scott967 fades back, he shoots....WIN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi v17 Krypton] Ratings a bit mixed up0