Bug Kodi iOS / Darwin has 100% consistent reproducable bug in nightly build
No debug file should be required, this can be recreated by anyone.
Install a _fresh_ new, clean copy of Kodi. I've tried it on iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 5s 16gb.

You simply add a new media source and scan it for media, it *will* crash back to iOS home page.
It takes less than 5 minutes to recreate / test this bug and it's been mentioned on the forum for several weeks.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9983...3459aa.mp4 (6MB)
https://gfycat.com/IllfatedNippyGartersnake GIF if you prefer

Video of the bug (that's a brand new Kodi install)
If I use an older build (specifically Alpha 3) it works great.

(Note: this bug has been in the nightly builds for nearly a month,...... typically a bug in nightly should be expected but this one continues to linger, hence reporting it.)

EDIT: Bug is now fixed.
Also discussed here.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2410088
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2410676
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2410827 (ok that last one is me, but this has been an issue for near a month)
Literally no one else is getting this? It's a game stopping bug here, either I'm blatantly wrong or the currently nightly build is (effectively) useless?
Please understand that very very few iOS users use nightlies so sadly any problems are usually discovered late or hard to reproduce
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That's probably quite true, but bear in mind this bug is literally near a month old and new builds keep getting compiled and rolled out.
It's also incredibly easy to recreate.
So even if you are still on my ignore list - i have done the following:

1. Installed latest kodi nightly on my new iphone se running ios 10.0.2 (non-jailbroken obviously - using iOS App Signer and the free apple developer account).
2. Staretd kodi
3. Went straight into Videos -> Files -> Add videos...
4. Hit Browse
5. Hit Windows network (SMB)
6. Browsed to my NAS share with my movies
7. Added the share
8. Set content to movies
9. Information provider "The Movie Database"
10. Checked "Movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title"
11. hit ok
12. Answered to the question if i want to scan now with "yes"
13. Watching how it scans my media
14. No carsh - movie section shows up on main screen with metadata
15. I am way to stupid to reproduce for your bug which is so obvious and easily reproducable.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's incredibly strange, Dan reported the same problem, Dan very much knows what he's doing - I've recreated it, on 2 devices, you can see it plain as day in the video I provided........................
I have been using TV rather than movies for testing, I'll try movies, perhaps it's an issue with the TV database plugin, however I'm almost positive I've tested for both.....

I'll do more testing in the next 20 minutes.
Memphiz are you kidding me here for sport because you don't like me? Aren't you the primary iOS developer, so you'd know if this was fixed?
I've just tried this on the most recent nightly build how mysterious,................ it's fixed.
If you've fixed a bug, you'd be the one to know about it.

Go and try almost any of the nightlies for over 3 weeks (including the ones I linked in my original post)

Don't try to play off my post like I was incorrect or crazy, when it's very clearly and easily testable from the history of files on the repository that the bug did exist, was easy to reproduce and from the history of files was there for a long time.

You don't have to thank me for pointing it out, since you don't like me, that's fine, I'm cool with that. However don't try and play like I'm the crazy one, the files are there proving otherwise.
Well here's the results of me testing the issue every second day all the way back, 30 minutes well spent.
Would you like me to test all the other second days as well ,...... or should we just assume it really existed?

So Memphiz, thank you for fixing the bug, I appreciate it.
However, trying to play off like I'm making things up, or that it never existed? I know you don't like me, but very petty, seriously.

Case closed, at least it's fixed.
Just because the bug is fixed, does not mean Memphiz fixed it. The Kodi codebase is huge, and has lots of moving parts. Something else fixed could have fixed it.

BTW: Memphiz is the *only* apple platform maintainer, so guys, check your privilege before you get upset with him for 'making things up' and calling him 'petty' if you want the project to continue to have support for platforms such as iOS, which has one of the lowest user numbers.

Memphiz is quite busy with moving/unpacking/etc and with attitudes such as yours, if I were him I wouldn't bother caring about supporting people who clearly dont show him any respect for countless hours of free labor he provides to the project.

And new builds are automatically 'created and rolled out'. Thats how automated testing works.
(2016-10-05, 03:51)keith Wrote: Just because the bug is fixed, does not mean Memphiz fixed it. The Kodi codebase is huge, and has lots of moving parts. Something else fixed could have fixed it.

BTW: Memphiz is the *only* apple platform maintainer, so guys, check your privilege before you get upset with him for 'making things up' and calling him 'petty' if you want the project to continue to have support for platforms such as iOS, which has one of the lowest user numbers.

Memphiz is quite busy with moving/unpacking/etc and with attitudes such as yours, if I were him I wouldn't bother caring about supporting people who clearly dont show him any respect for countless hours of free labor he provides to the project.

And new builds are automatically 'created and rolled out'. Thats how automated testing works.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2410465
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2430086 (point #15)

A month old bug specific to the iOS version, is fixed 18 -> 36 hours after my thread is posted and the only iOS maintainer who already doesn't like me, posts in there sarcastically as if the problem is fictitious?
Listen, he's welcome to dislike me, he's even welcome to ignore my posts as he does! he doesn't 'owe me' anything, very good of him to contribute to the software, but sarcastic comments aren't appreciated.

Either way it's fixed now and working well. ♥
Didn't fix anything ... Drilled holes in walls for the whole last week
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So be it, it's fixed now. This is a good thiing regardless.
Were they big holes, Memphiz?
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
Hey Memphiz, I have another iOS specific bug which is very consistent, where should I report it? (Yes I am serious)
I am not sure if it's 100% consistent, but it's well up there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi iOS / Darwin has 100% consistent reproducable bug in nightly build0