Ember + Plex
It's possible to sync with PlexMediaServer with Ember.
For several reason i'm thinking to leave KODI for my HTPC.
PlexMediaServer is actually fastest and simply to sync with my new movies and episodes...are immediately recognized(with all the infos, actors, poster etc...) ......... except for one important thing: the watched status.
PMS always marks new additions as "non-watched" (it's obvious) ... but if i mark watched in Ember doesn't reflects in PMS. I must do it manually.
Perhaps there's a way: the trakt module real-sync proposed with forthcoming betas...but i'm asking a more "naatural" way to sync with PMS.

thanks again!.
Hi,

How to do you sync PMS with EMM?
I wasn't aware of that feature.

Up to know I've only used these Plex plug-ins:
XBMCnfoMoviesImporter
XBMCnfoTVImporter
but as their name suggest, they don't sync it's only for loading new media so that I see the same metadata in Kodi and Plex.

regarding the watched status. I don't know about EMM. I didn't even think of using EMM to maintain the watched status. If I watch a movie in Kodi or Plex, I want a sync between the 2 players.

"trakt" is definitely a very promising solution, especially as it supports Plex users with Trakt profiles.
I have yet to find time to test it. But still, what purpose will it serve to sync it with EMM?

There has been quite a few integrations between Plex and Kodi (PlexKodiConnect, Emby for Kodi, PleXBMC).

Cheers
in fact EMM doesn't sync with PMS really...at the moment.
the reason is that PMS gets quickly and well synced with EMM because the plug-ins you've mentioned (as i use too). not due to EMM

first of all:

this scenario it's OK, althought EMM does nothing...except for the watched status you mark in EMM...
this info it's updated into the *.nfo (as you know). Then, if the PMS plug-in XBMC_importer works perfectly for ALL the info, i don't know why doesn't PMS gets updated about the watched status (it's a matter of Plex and the plug-in NOT for EMM).
then if you edit into EMM everything except watched-status, get synced into PMS (you must configure the server first properly).

my idea was to use trakt as an intermediate, but at the moment EMM only acts as pull (download from trakt)...then if you use the plug-in for the PMS (works push and pull) nothing about (watched status / WS) works.
the perfect solution will be that EMM someway could update the WS into PMS and viceversa.
and as i mentioned above i don't use KODI anymore for several reasons... and i don't want a real sync for the 2 players.

thanks!...
the Plex XBMC plugin are only fetch local media asset (nfo, pictures)
the "watched flag" (thankfully) never exists in the nfo and never has.
This is why you will never have it with these XBMC plugin.

The "watched flag" has always been an information stored in a database. Hulu, netflix, Kodi, EMM, Plex... all have a database and each player maintain the watch flag per video in the database (per profile).

Why do you care if EMM knows that you have watched a movie or not? I never understood why EMM has such a flag, it's not a player.

Is it not enough to let Plex manage that?
(2016-10-07, 13:11)hatbrox Wrote: the "watched flag" (thankfully) never exists in the nfo and never has.

That's not true. There are two nodes that indicates if an item has been watched or not:
Code:
<lastplayed>2016-06-01</lastplayed>
<playcount>4</playcount>

Both are been readed and save by Kodi from and to NFO.
In Kodi you can enable the import of watched state, but it is disabled by default.

The reason why Ember read this information it's to display if an item has been watched or not. Also Ember can sync the watched state from and to Kodi, in next Alpha 24 also from and to Trakt.
i think you're a bit wrong. let me explain.
EMM could write the watched flag into the *. nfo. like other media-managers do... etc
then, in fresh install of kodi, if you edit the "advanced settings.xml" writing the watched status true... then without reading any database neither syncing nothing, the ws changes. then EMM writes into metadata.

this in PMS is different, because there's no way to sync, at the moment. i liked the idea to use trakt, but it's not really real-sync (the re's a delay). my ideally scenario would be PMS could be synced with EMM, yes.
i like the idea of the "total powerful" media manager

EDIT... Dan was faster ☺️
(2016-10-07, 13:11)hatbrox Wrote: Why do you care if EMM knows that you have watched a movie or not? I never understood why EMM has such a flag, it's not a player.

If you have a media MANAGER such as EMM, then you probably want total control of what is/isn't displayed, otherwise you would just use plex/kodi for it's default information. Also, if you wipe your kodi database, you don't have to go back and set each movie one by one to watched. I use trakt to keep em in sync, but if you have a LARGE collection like mine, using the trakt plugin for kodi to sync your movies/shows is waaaaaaaay too slow.
That's the point!.

In fact...with the future real trakt sync, doesn't matter where you mark or edit the ws in a movie. It's expected to change in PMS if you edit in EMM and viceversa.
Obviosly, if you're actually viewing a movie in OpenPHT or Plex app or something the ws will be uploaded to trakt and after in EMM (if it's running) will be updated too.

I'm really expectating this feature @Dan Big Grin

Which will be the operation when there's new data in trakt (uploaded from KODI or PMS or...) and EMM isn't opened , and after you open it?...Manual scan?

thanks
(2016-10-07, 22:10)orbtwin Wrote: Which will be the operation when there's new data in trakt (uploaded from KODI or PMS or...) and EMM isn't opened , and after you open it?...Manual scan?

I can't add a realtime or autosync if there something has changed on Trakt. I think the solution will be to start the Trakt Manager and pull the latest changes.
The Trakt API is very, very complex and has many functions and ways to be sync. Atm I'm testing a few things to get the best solution for Ember and Trakt.
thanks Dan.
we apreciate your work.
its true that trakt for Plex its buggy tooConfused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember + Plex0