• 13(current)
Release FOX Sports GO - available in the official repository
@ian1095 What version/build of Kodi are you using? I had the same issue when inputstream adaptive was disabled. Restarting fixed the issue. If not upload your log file to pastebin.
Its Kodi Krypton 17.6

However its ran from a Mips Enigma2 box and as yet no one has compiled a version of inputstream.adaptive for the mips32el architecture ( I so wish someone would ) so its not possible to install it. I also had this very same issue using the eracknaphobia NBCSN addon a few months ago after he first updated the addon using the new stream links, when he also temporarily removed the manual stream quality settings, but then he fixed it in his next version. So whatever is causing this issue with the auto stream selection with some player types when opening the master m3u8, the answer is in his latest code.

The log file shows nothing of relevance other than stating that the m3u8 is opened, but then instantly closes again. It maybe that the Player, in this case Exteplayer3 is not being passed the correct data through Serviceapp which is used in conjunction with it. It maybe something that mx3L ( the Serviceapp author has to address ) but as it stands currently the present method used to select the stream quality will not work. This will be the case for all users running Kodi on the Enigma2 platform for sure, but it may also be the case for other certain box types too.

So is it possible for you to either add the manual selection back again with the option to use auto if users wish to, or check eracknaphobia's Github to see how he addressed this issue please ?

I also think that doing this would address the problem of the addon not obtaining the highest bitrate available for replays too.

Ian.
That's the thing, the manual selection of the bitrate was never removed. The add-on now checks to see if inputstream adaptive is enabled and if so uses that to parse the m3u8 file. If not, then the original default auto or manual bitrate selection is used. I'm not sure how that external player parses stream files but the add-on should have only changed if you use inputstream adaptive. Did you uninstall the add-on and delete the userdata folder? If that doesn't work then upload your log file to pastebin.
Ok thanks for the Info.

I had previously been trying to find a version of inputstream.adaptive that would work with the Mips architecture and I had installed one from Kodi Nerds. Although this installed, it didn't work because I didn't have the Mips version of the shared library. I had forgotten to remove or disable this. Now after disabling it, your version of the addon now offers the bitrate and the streams now play. So that's cool. However, I'm not offered the top quality that gives 720x60, I'm only offered the quality that gives 720x30 as the best available.

Any idea why this is ?

The original addon does offer me the 720x60 option.

Thanks for your help by the way, your previous answer was a godsend.

Ian.
Just wondering if Big Ten Network works for anyone else with this plugin.  I tried to load a BTN stream, and it states that "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-aur or that your credentials have expired."  This doesn't appear to be the case, as I can access FS1/FS2 perfectly fine, and the only issue is with the BTN channel.
(2019-08-31, 00:49)Huuh Wrote: Just wondering if Big Ten Network works for anyone else with this plugin.  I tried to load a BTN stream, and it states that "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-aur or that your credentials have expired."  This doesn't appear to be the case, as I can access FS1/FS2 perfectly fine, and the only issue is with the BTN channel.

Same issue. I know that the big ten games are only available on the Fox Sports app and not the Fox sports go app. Honestly don't know the difference but you can't watch big ten on fs go. Doesn't look like there is a Fox sports add-on.
(2019-08-31, 00:49)Huuh Wrote: Just wondering if Big Ten Network works for anyone else with this plugin.  I tried to load a BTN stream, and it states that "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-aur or that your credentials have expired."  This doesn't appear to be the case, as I can access FS1/FS2 perfectly fine, and the only issue is with the BTN channel.

Same issue. I know that the big ten games are only available on the Fox Sports app and not the Fox sports go app. Honestly don't know the difference but you can't watch big ten on fs go. Doesn't look like there is a Fox sports add-on.
Is this plugin working for anyone else anymore?  I'm getting "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-air or that your credentials have expired.", errors for every channel now. 

Thanks
(2019-09-27, 23:56)Huuh Wrote: Is this plugin working for anyone else anymore?  I'm getting "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-air or that your credentials have expired.", errors for every channel now. 

Thanks
Fox recently made changes moving most channels out of Foxsports Go into Foxsports. Only those regional channels that are still in the Go app still work, whereas the main ones like FOX, FS1, FS2 etc. don't work anymore.
(2019-09-27, 23:56)Huuh Wrote: Is this plugin working for anyone else anymore?  I'm getting "an error occurred while attempting to play this channel.  It's possible that the channel is currently off-the-air or that your credentials have expired.", errors for every channel now. 

Thanks
I am brand new to posting in Kodi...
I am running the latest Kodi (v18) on a Raspberry PI connected to my 720p tv.  In answer to the question above, this plug-in works for me but I have two issues:

1) Using the Official Version of this add-on (v1.1.6) I can watch live tv (no replay list is displayed as talked about above) but my OSD only has a "stop" button on it.  No "pause" button is displayed and I can't move playback forward or backward using the either the left and right arrow keys (when the OSD is not displayed) or by mousing on the bar above the "stop" button.  Also, playback is displayed in 1280x720 which is great.

2) Using the version that @snoopyjoe created in his git that included updates for replays and adaptive input stream, again playback works for live tv, replays are available, and my OSD is fully functional with "pause" button and I am able to move playback forward and backward in either live tv or replays.  However, my playback resolution is now 950x540; useable but not optimal.

Any ideas how I can get the higher playback resolution?

Thanks

I too am having this problem, after it has worked perfectly for so long. Some events do work, but most do not. I think the developer needs to found out what changed with FOX Sport Go and update the addon.
You have to have BTN as part of your subscription service in order to be able to watch it using the Kodi Addon, whether it be Dish/Direct or cable. If you can watch it there, you should be able to watch it with the addon. However, I think the Addon is broken now. I don't have BTN, but I do have FS1 and I cannot stream anything anymore from FS1, even though I am authorized.
(2019-10-21, 01:45)wiley Wrote:

Thanks
I am brand new to posting in Kodi...
I am running the latest Kodi (v18) on a Raspberry PI connected to my 720p tv.  In answer to the question above, this plug-in works for me but I have two issues:

1) Using the Official Version of this add-on (v1.1.6) I can watch live tv (no replay list is displayed as talked about above) but my OSD only has a "stop" button on it.  No "pause" button is displayed and I can't move playback forward or backward using the either the left and right arrow keys (when the OSD is not displayed) or by mousing on the bar above the "stop" button.  Also, playback is displayed in 1280x720 which is great.

2) Using the version that @snoopyjoe created in his git that included updates for replays and adaptive input stream, again playback works for live tv, replays are available, and my OSD is fully functional with "pause" button and I am able to move playback forward and backward in either live tv or replays.  However, my playback resolution is now 950x540; useable but not optimal.

Any ideas how I can get the higher playback resolution? 
So, i got the plugin working on a 1080p tv.  So, for me it is working fine.  I am on the west coast so I only use it for Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket.  They both work for me.  My listings include other networks such as Big Ten Network, FS1 and FS2 but when I try to play those I get a popup "Fox Sports Go Error.  See log for more info.".  I am authorized for FS1 and FS2 but not the Big Ten Network.  I have not looked into what the log says because I only need the channels that work for me.
I think @Rico66 has the right answer to the issue that people are seeing with not being able to watch FS1, FS2 and BTN.  These channels have moved to the "FOX Sports" app, at least on my iPhone.  However, they are still listed on the schedule under the "FoxSportsGo" app on my iPhone.  When I try to launch them there, a pop-up comes up saying they can be launched in the "FOX Sports" app.  This behavior explains to me why they show up in my Kodi add-on schedule but aren't actually playable.  It seems a new "FOX Sports" add-on is needed for the channels that are now streaming there.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FOX Sports GO - available in the official repository3