Mini Headless MySQL server?
I've been doing some research online and I'm stuck between a Raspberry Pi 3 and an Odroid C1+. I'll be purchasing the respective brand's 7in touch screen for trouble-shooting purposes. I'm thinking the Odroid C1+ route will be better since it has an officially supported Ubuntu package, but the Pi 3 will be sooo much cheaper and can still have MySQL installed VIA Raspian. I haven't been able to find much info about how well either of these devices fair with multiple external HDDs attached to them. Whichever one I choose will be running dual 4TB external HDDs. Anyone out there with MySQL running on one of these little devices? Would certainly like to read about your performance experiences with them.
My feeling is odroid. Raspberry pi shares USB bus with Ethernet so running 2 hard drives and serving up both MySQL and media to the network I think the separate Ethernet chip on the odroid will serve you better.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-10, 04:37)nickr Wrote: My feeling is odroid. Raspberry pi shares USB bus with Ethernet so running 2 hard drives and serving up both MySQL and media to the network I think the separate Ethernet chip on the odroid will serve you better.

Awesome. You're all over the place lol. Looks, like I'll be grabbing two devices from Odroid soon and a 3rd in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini Headless MySQL server?0