How to fast forward on demand movie in iptv
Good evening, i use iptv on kodi
My iptv channel list has a lot of on demand film. If I play one of those i can't work on the time bar, can't fast forward and can't pause it.

Why? Is possible to activate it?

I tried same channel and same film with another iptv player ad it is possible

Best regards

Thanks
With something like this, we really need a proper debug log while attempting the action log (wiki) posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this forum to tell us the hardware and software that is engaged, and any issues that are time stamped.
I think it won't work since the addon reports to Kodi that it doesn't support timeshifting. That's why the pause button etc. is greyed out.
I simply pur mi iptv link in iptv pvr simple client. Then if I launch a channel with a move on demand i can't timeshift it. How can activate it?
You can't, the addon doesn't support it. If you want to be able to pause things you can't play the link through the IPTV simple client, you'll have to play it some other way.
So are no way to use tineshift in kodi TV?
Maybe an alternative pvr client?
The IPTV Simple and HDHomeRun PVR clients do not have timeshift, because they do not have a backend.

Kodi does not handle the timeshifting itself, this is something that must be implemented in the PVR backend. Therefore, if you want to timeshift, you need a proper backend.
(2016-10-10, 18:40)rpcameron Wrote: The IPTV Simple and HDHomeRun PVR clients do not have timeshift, because they do not have a backend.

Kodi does not handle the timeshifting itself, this is something that must be implemented in the PVR backend. Therefore, if you want to timeshift, you need a proper backend.

Ok so you confirm to me that there is no way to have timeshift in kodi. Now i trust in it but seems incredible. Obviusly in film section timeshift works, in a lot of simple iptv application timeshift works, how is possible that in a so important app like kodi not workHuh
Timeshifting is a function of your TV software, not Kodi. Kodi is a media player, not a TV PVR. That is why you need a PVR backend to handle recording, timeshifting, &c. Your PVR backend handles all of the TV related tasks, and the PVR client/addon simply presents that information/media to Kodi.

If you want software with integrated TV functionality, then look into MythTV, SageTV, NextPVR, MediaPortal, &c.
(2016-10-10, 22:59)rpcameron Wrote: Timeshifting is a function of your TV software, not Kodi. Kodi is a media player, not a TV PVR. That is why you need a PVR backend to handle recording, timeshifting, &c. Your PVR backend handles all of the TV related tasks, and the PVR client/addon simply presents that information/media to Kodi.

If you want software with integrated TV functionality, then look into MythTV, SageTV, NextPVR, MediaPortal, &c.

but those are app for android or kodi addon?
(2016-10-10, 23:24)mtguido Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 22:59)rpcameron Wrote: Timeshifting is a function of your TV software, not Kodi. Kodi is a media player, not a TV PVR. That is why you need a PVR backend to handle recording, timeshifting, &c. Your PVR backend handles all of the TV related tasks, and the PVR client/addon simply presents that information/media to Kodi.

Neither. The PVR backend is a separate piece of software that handles the TV streaming and recording. Kodi then uses an addon to interface with that software. That's why I said Kodi is not TV software; you need a separate piece of software to handle your TV streams. Live TV on the Kodi wiki
(2016-10-11, 02:29)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 23:24)mtguido Wrote:

Neither. The PVR backend is a separate piece of software that handles the TV streaming and recording. Kodi then uses an addon to interface with that software. That's why I said Kodi is not TV software; you need a separate piece of software to handle your TV streams. Live TV on the Kodi wiki

Ok i start understand something. But...with "you need a separate piece of software" you mean I need to use another app or somrthing I have to add to kodi??
For example if I install mythTV addon to kodi i will be able to timeshift an on demand channel?

Thanks
(2016-10-11, 02:34)mtguido Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:29)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 23:24)mtguido Wrote: but those are app for android or kodi addon?

Ok i start understand something. But...with "you need a separate piece of software" you mean I need to use another app or somrthing I have to add to kodi??
For example if I install mythTV addon to kodi i will be able to timeshift an on demand channel?

Thanks
Yes. MythTV is a separate PVR/media player. You install that and configure it to receive/record TV. Then you use the MythTV addon in Kodi to access your MythTV software and display its content inside Kodi.
(2016-10-11, 04:32)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:34)mtguido Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:29)rpcameron Wrote: Neither. The PVR backend is a separate piece of software that handles the TV streaming and recording. Kodi then uses an addon to interface with that software. That's why I said Kodi is not TV software; you need a separate piece of software to handle your TV streams. Live TV on the Kodi wiki

Thanks
Yes. MythTV is a separate PVR/media player. You install that and configure it to receive/record TV. Then you use the MythTV addon in Kodi to access your MythTV software and display its content inside Kodi.

Oh that's a notice!! So I have to installa both the app on my Android box both the addon in kodi?? Only the addon will not work?

About you what is the best PVR client?

Thanks
There aren't really that any choices of backends that can be installed on Android. Tvheadend is available but I think it's still an unofficial port - to be honest I haven't followed that development lately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to fast forward on demand movie in iptv0