How to fast forward on demand movie in iptv
(2016-10-11, 13:06)negge Wrote: There aren't really that any choices of backends that can be installed on Android. Tvheadend is available but I think it's still an unofficial port - to be honest I haven't followed that development lately.

Sorry, not understand you
I've just tried to enable mythtv and nextpvr addon in kodi but nothing change. In additino when i restart kodi those two addon are disable.

Can anybody explain me how I have to??

Regards
To use either the MythTV or NextPVR addons, you need a server on your network running either MythTV or NextPVR. They are separate programs that you run and manage separately from Kodi.
(2016-10-12, 01:59)rpcameron Wrote: To use either the MythTV or NextPVR addons, you need a server on your network running either MythTV or NextPVR. They are separate programs that you run and manage separately from Kodi.

So i can't start those directory from kodi clicking on "live TV"?? Are those able to play an .m3u file?
(2016-10-12, 08:03)mtguido Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 01:59)rpcameron Wrote: To use either the MythTV or NextPVR addons, you need a server on your network running either MythTV or NextPVR. They are separate programs that you run and manage separately from Kodi.

So i can't start those directory from kodi clicking on "live TV"?? Are those able to play an .m3u file?

No. You would require a server on your network as has already been explained to you. All the information you need is in http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I''m italian so i don't completely understand the english wiki. This is the reason of my posts.

So no way to have timeshift in live tv of kodi right??
You can have timeshift in live TV if you use virtually any other PVR addon than IPTV simple.
(2016-10-12, 12:22)negge Wrote: You can have timeshift in live TV if you use virtually any other PVR addon than IPTV simple.

Could you please explain to me the exactly steps to do it?? I will be grateful!!

Thanks
(2016-10-12, 12:58)mtguido Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 12:22)negge Wrote: You can have timeshift in live TV if you use virtually any other PVR addon than IPTV simple.

Could you please explain to me the exactly steps to do it?? I will be grateful!!

Thanks
In Italian, no I can't. The wiki is rather comprehensive. But, just to put this thread to an end:
  1. You need a way to get your TV stream. If your provider is IPTV, you need the URLs for each channel. If you use DVB-T/S/C, then you need a tuner card.
  2. You need PVR software. Depending upon your platform/OS, this will vary as the software options differ. More well-known options are Windows Media Center, NextPVR, MythTV, Tvheadend, MediaPortal and SageTV.
  3. You need to configure your PVR software. Most every PVR software has their own interface, so ensure that your PVR software is working correctly first before trying to set it up in Kodi. If you choose MythTV, for example, you need to ensure that you can view, timeshift and record programs using the mythtv-frontend application before you work on getting it to work on Kodi.
  4. After you have configured your PVR backend and can use it with its supplied frontend/interface, then you need to install the PVR addon for your backend. For MythTV, it's the MythTV PVR addon; for Tvheadend, it's the Tvheadend HTSP client, &c.
  5. Once you have your addon installed, then you must configure it, enable it, and if you are using a version of Kodi prior to 17, enable Live TV in the Kodi settings.

That's a fairly step-by-step offering of what needs to be done. However, the individual steps will differ based upon your particular situation. You need to choose your PVR backend based upon what OS/hardware your server will run on, what types of TV input you use (very few PVR backends support IPTV inputs, for example), and what other requirements you may have.
@rpcameron thank you so much for your guide

Anyway I stop at step 3 because i can't play my iptv link on noone of the player that you write.
My iptv link is form like:
"h*tp://iptv.xxx:15000/get.php?username=XXXXX&password=XXXXX&type=m3u&output=hls"
On myth say me that can't play backend, and on my android box i can't find nextpvr or media center on the market.

Can you suggest me how to solve it?
As far as I know only Tvheadend supports IPTV streams as inputs, but I may be mistaken. And I don't know of any PVR backend that runs on Android.

If you aren't going to do any research on the software yourself, why should I bother to do everything for you? I am abandoning this thread because you obviously have no issue in attempting to look into this issue and find solutions for yourself.
(2016-10-13, 15:36)rpcameron Wrote: As far as I know only Tvheadend supports IPTV streams as inputs, but I may be mistaken. And I don't know of any PVR backend that runs on Android.

If you aren't going to do any research on the software yourself, why should I bother to do everything for you? I am abandoning this thread because you obviously have no issue in attempting to look into this issue and find solutions for yourself.

That's not true. The reality is that I don't know anything about how this things work and also I use Android only from 1 week. Finally also my bad english don't help me! Anyway as you want, you just was so gentle until now. Thank you so much!
If i reached up i will write here the solution!
(2016-10-13, 15:36)rpcameron Wrote: As far as I know only Tvheadend supports IPTV streams as inputs, but I may be mistaken. And I don't know of any PVR backend that runs on Android.

thats true but a lot of iptv.m3u files are not formatted exactly as tvh likes them and they end up very unreliable in terms of results! but you are correct Smile
(2016-10-13, 18:25)C-Quel Wrote:

thats true but a lot of iptv.m3u files are not formatted exactly as tvh likes them and they end up very unreliable in terms of results! but you are correct Smile

Perhaps you know dome Android player that can play .m3u or iptv link?
(2016-10-09, 19:45)mtguido Wrote: Good evening, i use iptv on kodi
My iptv channel list has a lot of on demand film. If I play one of those i can't work on the time bar, can't fast forward and can't pause it.

Why? Is possible to activate it?

I tried same channel and same film with another iptv player ad it is possible

Best regards

Thanks

+1
my situation is quite similar to mtguido

first attempt: I'll try to install (on the same PC where kodi is running) this PVR recording software: http://kodi.wiki/view/NextPVR
I'll keep you up to date

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to fast forward on demand movie in iptv0