v17 Fastforwarding live TV which is paused crashed Kodi
When Live TV is paused for a few minutes and then fastforwarding is used to catch-up to realtime, kodi crashes the moment it reaches realtime.
Fastforwarding in pauzed live-TV after a few times leads to a skip to realtime when you press play before realtime is reached, and you cannot rewind anymore.

Using Latest Kodi 17 nightly build on Windows7, and using latest dvblogic tv-server with two HD-Homerun quad-tuners on an i7 gen4 server.
Hi DatafoxChris - I'm not experiencing this issue, do you experience the same with Kodi 16.1?
Hi AshG - Sorry, i have never used Kodi before version 17 because it couldn't work with Series-Recordings (i.e. record all occurences of a specific show).

Do you use DVBlogic tv-server, and do you run it accross your lan running this server on another system ?

I have also noticed this problem while fast-forwarding into the end of a tv recording from disk.
Just tested this again on a 11-okt nightly build on a test system, not able to crash Kodi.

Kodi doesn't automatically switch to normal PLAY mode at the end of the timeshift buffer ?
(2016-10-12, 13:13)DatafoxChris Wrote: version 17 because it couldn't work with Series-Recordings (i.e. record all occurences of a specific show).

This is available in 16.1, i'm using series recording on my production HTPC that is 16.1

(2016-10-12, 15:08)DatafoxChris Wrote: Just tested this again on a 11-okt nightly build on a test system, not able to crash Kodi.

Kodi doesn't automatically switch to normal PLAY mode at the end of the timeshift buffer ?

Yeah, when i FF it kind of then flicks through a couple of frames until Play is pressed again, which isn't great, it wont automatically convert to playing the live stream once it hits the end of the buffer, i tend to use skip which works ok though... i'm not sure if this is Kodi's fault, the back end or the addon....

PS Kodi 17 is still in Beta, so you may experience a bit of instability...
Its still in beta, i understand. Just trying to add to the development.

Yesterdayevening after two hours of normal realtime tv watching i tried to rewind and after 1 second the video was frozen and nothing happend. I could press play to start de video but couldn't rewind and noticed the video was stuttering badly but the audio was OK. I had to switch to the same tv-station from the guide to get the video to run smoothly again.
OK, i'm no expert, it sounds like there's something wrong with your set-up rather than Kodi though, are all your drivers up-to-date? Other than that i would post in the main PVR forum, try and recreate the issue and upload your http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fastforwarding live TV which is paused crashed Kodi0