• 2(current)
Beta Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
(2016-11-04, 16:52)primaeval Wrote: I started trying to add folders but it is becoming too complicated too quickly. This addon has to stay Simple. Wink

I'll have a think about creating a new one that can deal with folders. It will have to be done differently internally.

no worries ...

I edited the addon.xml and created another plugin `plugin.program.simple.favourites2-master`

However favorites appear the same in both. `Simple Favourite`s and `Simple Favourites2`.
(2016-11-04, 18:55)Johnoo Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 16:52)primaeval Wrote: I started trying to add folders but it is becoming too complicated too quickly. This addon has to stay Simple. Wink

I'll have a think about creating a new one that can deal with folders. It will have to be done differently internally.

no worries ...

I edited the addon.xml and created another plugin `plugin.program.simple.favourites2-master`

However favorites appear the same in both. `Simple Favourite`s and `Simple Favourites2`.

They will both pull in the global Kodi Favourites unless you turn off "Include All Kodi Favourites" in Settings.
Only the ones you add from the "Add" menu will be unique to each addon.
primaeval

Got it, excellent !! Working nicely.

Much appreciation
Exclamation 
New Addon: Simple Folders plugin.program.simple.folders

In the same repo. Simple Favourites with Folders.

@Johnoo See if this does what you want.
Simple Folders

Quick, cool and simple, yes it does.

CoolCoolCool

Cheers
simple folders is brilliant! Just what I was looking for, simple and does precisely what I want.
If you would like I can make new icons for the add ons.

thank you
(2016-11-04, 21:36)mxlance Wrote: simple folders is brilliant! Just what I was looking for, simple and does precisely what I want.
If you would like I can make new icons for the add ons.

thank you

Thanks.
I quite like the super simple logos that are there right now but you could have a go if you like. Just make them really Simple. Smile
Exclamation 
version 0.0.10
- User Icons (make a folder called userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.simple.favourites\icons)
- (current icons needed are: audio.png favourites.png music.png settings.png tv.png video.png folders.png files.png)

Turn on the Setting \ User Icons.
Make a folder called userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.simple.favourites\icons
Copy these icons from addons\plugin.program.simple.favourites\resources\img:
audio.png favourites.png music.png settings.png tv.png video.png
Go crazy with Photoshop. Smile

The same for Simple Folders (change simple.favourites to simple.folders in the instructions above).

@mxlance I hope this helps. I try to make things as flexible as possible if I can.
I don't know if the main icon can be changed by this method. Maybe you do?
Exclamation 
NEW addons

context.simple.favourites
context.simple.folders

Global Kodi context menu addons to "Add to Simple Favourites" or "Add to Simple Folders".

They won't be available in some places. Spoyser did some magic with Super Favourites to get to the File Manager which I haven't worked out how to do yet.
(2016-11-04, 09:40)misa Wrote: Thanks for this addon. Ay plans to ad things from Filemanager in this addon?

version 0.0.11
- Add Files with any protocol

I've added a hopefully more powerful feature to access any path you like in Add \ Files.

You have to enter the top of the path yourself but then you should be able to get almost anywhere.

You can use protocols like c:\ smb:// nfs:// ftp:// http:// special:// etc

Beware: files are filtered depending on where you started the addon: video, music, pictures, programs.

You will need to install the Context Menu addon to get the "Add to Simple Favourites" context menu.

See here about special://
http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

[EDIT] Local network protocols didn't work on Android SPMC for me today. I will have to dig deeper.
it is breeders cup weekend here so i will take a look at the icons next week.
thanks again for the great addon
primaeval

current `plugin.program.simple.folders-0.0.3`

not working, when clicking on the added addons nothing happens.

The previous versions work fine.
(2016-11-05, 23:41)Johnoo Wrote: primaeval

current `plugin.program.simple.folders-0.0.3`

not working, when clicking on the added addons nothing happens.

The previous versions work fine.

I think I've changed the way the link path is stored internally because of the new Files menu. Did you add too many to add them again? If you did I'll try and change the code.
Exclamation 
Simple Favourites 0.0.12
- removed Files in Add
- hopefully fixed play path

Simple Folders 0.0.4
- Files and Browse are in Settings \ Advanced
- hopefully fixed play path

Simple Favourites is going to stay very Simple.

Simple Folders might get the more Advanced Features and a name change. Wink
Add\Files should show every file, even unplayable ones.
Add\Browse should filter the files by where you start Simple Folders from (Video,Music,Pictures,Programs).

@Johnoo could you see if this fixes playback for you.
Simple Folders 0.0.4 working Nod

repo shows 0.0.3
downloaded 0.0.4 from GitHub

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu2