Picture Slideshow With Weather Possible?
Hello! We've purchased several small media boxes (Cu-Boxes) that come pre-loaded with Kodi to support digital signage for our organization. We utilize the built in SlideShow feature to display KPI metrics, company announcements, and random quotes on numerous TVs throughout our organization. All of these image files are are hosted on our main file server. We've received a request about incorporating the local weather inter-mixed within this slideshow. Due to the nature of our industry precipitation can have a major effect on the day's activities. Right now we're having users who are onsite manually take a screenshot in the morning of the weather forecast for that day, and save it in the directory for that given site (our organization's locations span 11 states throughout the US). It would be incredible if there were some way to automatically incorporate either the built in weather function into the SlideShow, or automate this process somehow. If anyone has any expertise or could point me in the right direction for a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I do this in my office - im using the below phantomjs script to screencapture the defra air quality report and then kodi plays the image amongst others.

Code:
var page = new WebPage();
page.open('https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/forecasting/locations?q=London', function (status) {
        just_wait();
});
//viewportSize being the actual size of the headless browser
page.viewportSize = { width: 800, height: 600 };
//the clipRect is the portion of the page you are taking a screenshot of
page.clipRect = { top: 480, left: 250, width: 620, height: 350 };
function just_wait() {
    setTimeout(function() {
            page.render('C:/dashboard/capture/uk-air-and-weather-map.png');
            phantom.exit();
    }, 5000);
}
Thank you very much - I will certainly give this a shot! Apologies for not replying right away - I thought I had notifications turned on when someone responded to the thread, but I must have missed it.

Thanks again!
(2016-10-11, 19:59)josheliason Wrote: Hello! We've purchased several small media boxes (Cu-Boxes) that come pre-loaded with Kodi to support digital signage for our organization. We utilize the built in SlideShow feature to display KPI metrics, company announcements, and random quotes on numerous TVs throughout our organization. All of these image files are are hosted on our main file server.

Are you just manually running the slideshow or do you have it set up to automatically come on/off at certain times of the day? I'm looking to do this exact thing at my work. I'd looked at xbmc alarm and maybe sleep timer but can't seem to get it to work with slideshows. Any help you could offer would be great. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow With Weather Possible?0