Mod -  SkyQ Skin Kodi
Hi there,

Skin looks exactly what I'm looking for. Have downloaded the latest file and I'm a bit confused where to put the two folders ("_MACOSX" and "Skin.SkyQ-KodiEdition") after I extract the zip. Tried using the original instructions from the earlier version but having no luck. Using Kodi 18.
Use krypton17 , delete the mac osx file and put the skin folder in "addons" folder, open kodi , addons,my addons,look and feel and enable it. You can try it on leia18 but before opening kodi , open the skin folder , then open addon xml in notepad ++ and change end of version number from 12 to 13 , remember to save it then repeat above in kodi.
Thank you, very much appreciated!
What a skin. Superb work all. Just one question. How do I change the source for movies, how do I change to another?
(2018-10-13, 18:43)Tayluur Wrote: What a skin. Superb work all. Just one question. How do I change the source for movies, how do I change to another?

Thank you, it’s constantly changing...

However. The source for movies is hard coded into the skin (at the moment) unless you switch to library mode.

This is where I need someone clever to come along and integrate skin shortcuts into this skin.
(2018-10-13, 18:48)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 18:43)Tayluur Wrote: What a skin. Superb work all. Just one question. How do I change the source for movies, how do I change to another?

However. The source for movies is hard coded into the skin (at the moment) unless you switch to library mode.

This is where I need someone clever to come along and integrate skin shortcuts into this skin.

Thanks for the reply. How do I switch to library mode and what does that change?
(2018-08-24, 02:20)moshoodo123 Wrote: @ontap  just change 

'<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.12.0"/>' in the addon.xml file to

'<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0"/>'and it should work with kodi 18.

I was able to start a mod today based on file from @Steverae, I completely changed all the graphics to a better one, added some new code for Kodi 18, changed some structure to my liking. next when i have time is to add new Osd based on Sky Q design. fix some alignment and add top background effect like sky Q.

@Steverae thanks for sharing the base code. thanks to Merllin/Pulse for the original skin.

shot

The changes to sport etc are exactly what I'm looking for. How did you change it?
(2018-10-13, 18:57)Tayluur Wrote:

I was able to start a mod today based on file from @Steverae, I completely changed all the graphics to a better one, added some new code for Kodi 18, changed some structure to my liking. next when i have time is to add new Osd based on Sky Q design. fix some alignment and add top background effect like sky Q.

@Steverae thanks for sharing the base code. thanks to Merllin/Pulse for the original skin.

shot

The changes to sport etc are exactly what I'm looking for. How did you change it?

Hey mate, check out the newest version

Http://repo.raeenterprises.uk/skin.skyq-kodiedition.zip

The sports etc are pulled from YouTube links to various playlists, you have to change the hard coded links in the home.xml but you just find a playlist you want in YouTube plugin, add it to favourites then grab the url from the favourites.xml in user data

My colleague and co dev on this skin Ontap figures that out, was doing my head in too lol
(2018-10-13, 18:54)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 18:48)Steverae Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. How do I switch to library mode and what does that change?

Library mode is selected from skin settings / main menu, it’s a toggle to either use the plugin or the built in kodi library to populate the cinema / box sets menu

If you have your own kodi library obtained from your own source, I’d highly recommend switching to this mode, also turning on the library option will give you things like, next episodes, currently watching movies, latest episodes etc, standard library functions

Personally I use plex but have the plugin feature turned on so it populated the various sections with graphics etc
(2018-10-13, 19:02)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 18:57)Tayluur Wrote:

shot

The sports etc are pulled from YouTube links to various playlists, you have to change the hard coded links in the home.xml but you just find a playlist you want in YouTube plugin, add it to favourites then grab the url from the favourites.xml in user data

My colleague and co dev on this skin Ontap figures that out, was doing my head in too lol

Just looked at the new version. Spot on. Skin looks great.

Moshoodo seems to have been able to change the menus going by his screen shot.
(2018-10-13, 19:22)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 19:02)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 18:57)Tayluur Wrote: The changes to sport etc are exactly what I'm looking for. How did you change it?

Yeah you can change everything in the skin by modifying the code....

I just set the options I like, feel free to edit the code to suit your own needs
Thanks mate but I'm afraid as much as I've learned I don't know a lot about the code.
(2018-10-13, 21:02)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 19:22)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 19:02)Steverae Wrote: Hey mate, check out the newest version

I just set the options I like, feel free to edit the code to suit your own needs

Is there a tutorial on how to change the code? More than happen to learn. I spend more time learning about kodi than my job
(2018-10-14, 19:28)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 21:02)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 19:22)Tayluur Wrote: Just looked at the new version. Spot on. Skin looks great.

Is there a tutorial on how to change the code? More than happen to learn. I spend more time learning about kodi than my job

Haha me too

Unfortunately they’s no tutorial to learn how to change the code in this skin, it’s just something you have to pick up yourself. They are loads of resources available and loads of helpful folk who will give advice or point you in the right direction.

I’m more then happy to help you to change what you want to change (with my limited knowledge I’ve picked up while working this project)

Or if you let me know what you want iMll see if I can implement it for you, ideas are always welcome.

This is a work in progress and as such was Taylor we to my personal needs but I’m more then happy to share what I have learnt to better develop this skinning project.
(2018-10-15, 10:10)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-14, 19:28)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 21:02)Steverae Wrote: Yeah you can change everything in the skin by modifying the code....

Haha me too

Unfortunately they’s no tutorial to learn how to change the code in this skin, it’s just something you have to pick up yourself. They are loads of resources available and loads of helpful folk who will give advice or point you in the right direction.

I’m more then happy to help you to change what you want to change (with my limited knowledge I’ve picked up while working this project)

Or if you let me know what you want iMll see if I can implement it for you, ideas are always welcome.

This is a work in progress and as such was Taylor we to my personal needs but I’m more then happy to share what I have learnt to better develop this skinning project.

Sorry for the last response. Was working . I was just going to change the Sky Cinema from most popular to new movies. I had a look at the code in Notepad ++ but had no idea where to begin. Any help would be brilliant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SkyQ Skin Kodi00