mySQL call every 20 min
Long story short i'm trying to reduce how often the kodi instance hits the mySQL server. Original Thread

I've noticed that after installing AeonNox (best skin out there BTW) my kodi logs report an SQL update every 20 min.

Code:
14:44:53 T:2907079744   DEBUG: RunQuery took 4140 ms for 2308 items query: select * from movie_view  WHERE ((movie_view.playCount IS NULL OR movie_view.playCount < 1))
14:45:00 T:2907079744   DEBUG: RunQuery took 4703 ms for 12841 items query: select * from episode_view  WHERE ((episode_view.playCount IS NULL OR episode_view.playCount < 1))
14:45:03 T:2907079744   DEBUG: GetSongsByWhere query = SELECT songview.* FROM songview  WHERE ((CAST(songview.iTimesPlayed as DECIMAL(5,1)) < 1))
14:45:03 T:2907079744   DEBUG: GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview  WHERE albumview.strReleaseType = 'album'
14:45:03 T:2907079744   DEBUG: GetAlbumsByWhere - query took 24 ms
14:45:04 T:2907079744   DEBUG: RunQuery took 13 ms for 0 items query: select * from musicvideo_view  WHERE ((musicvideo_view.playCount IS NULL OR musicvideo_view.playCount < 1))

Normally it would not matter but in my situation i need to greatly reduce the frequency of that call (once every 6/12 hours... ) I've done what i can to narrow down where the call is being made but seem to have hit a dead end.

I know its AeonNox because on a fresh install of Kido (confluence) the calls are not made. My best guess is its a dependency addon because when i install AeonNox and switch back to Confluence the calls are still being made. Im pretty sure "script.grab.fanart" is not the cause but i'm not too sure how to dig deeper at this point.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Guessing it must be a service (ie background) addon. Does that narrow it down?

The file addon.xml in the aeon nox skin directory will give the dependency addons. They may in turn have dependencies.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Same question already asked here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293690
and here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202138
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-14, 23:43)Martijn Wrote: Same question already asked here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293690
and here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202138

The first post is mine... once i narrowed it down to Nox i figured it would make more sense to move the conversation (I linked to the original in the first line here)

The second post is someone talking about the same issue (i think), but its from 2014 and points to "Skin Widget" which as far as i can tell isn't used anymore. I tried to resurrect it but doesn't seem to be getting much traction.
(2016-10-14, 23:41)nickr Wrote: Guessing it must be a service (ie background) addon. Does that narrow it down?

The file addon.xml in the aeon nox skin directory will give the dependency addons. They may in turn have dependencies.

So I think i have narrowed it down to "service.library.data.provider", and if i go into resources/settings.xml there is even an entry with a value of 20:
Code:
<setting label="32003" type="text" id="limit" default="20"/>

but when i change that value i cant notice any difference and the mySQL bandwidth usage is still exactly the same Huh
(2016-10-17, 00:07)apeg Wrote: So I think i have narrowed it down to "service.library.data.provider", and if i go into resources/settings.xml there is even an entry with a value of 20:
Code:
<setting label="32003" type="text" id="limit" default="20"/>

but when i change that value i cant notice any difference and the mySQL bandwidth usage is still exactly the same Huh

That limit is for the number of files, not the update frequency. The update frequency is hard coded in the plugin, but...

If you are up for tweaking a python file with a text editor, you can edit the service.py file and change the number 1200 on this line to something larger (in seconds).
(2016-10-17, 10:24)rmrector Wrote: That limit is for the number of files, not the update frequency. The update frequency is hard coded in the plugin, but...

If you are up for tweaking a python file with a text editor, you can edit the service.py file and change the number 1200 on this line to something larger (in seconds).

That's it! you don't know how long i was blindly hunting for that haha

nickr, rmrector, thanks for all your help... my constantly overrun data plan thanks you

p.s how do you update the title to say [SOLVED]?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mySQL call every 20 min0