• 1(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 7 Spin [Jarvis] *** PUBLIC RELEASE ***
Hi everyone!

There’s no doubt that Aeon MQ 7 is one of the best skins for Kodi, that’s the reason why it has become my daily driver. Some time ago I started to mod it according to my liking and now I would like to share with the community the product of many hours (more than I dare to admit…) of coding and testing. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do…

Now let’s go with some F.A.Q.

1) What exactly is this mod? Will it mess my current MQ 7 skin?

Although based in MQ 7, Kodi will treat this mod as a completely different skin, so it will not mess your current MQ 7 skin, you can have both skins at the same time; what’s more, you don’t even need to have the original MQ 7 installed to run this skin.

2) Would this mod work in Kripton?

No, this mod only works in Jarvis because it is based in the original MQ 7 and the only official public release there is right now is for Jarvis.

3) Could I keep somehow the customization that I already have in the original MQ 7… menu, shortcuts, widgets, colours, fonts…? (Take note I’m not talking here about the other MODS that you could have installed too)

Yes, you can keep it. Do as follows:
In the original MQ 7 go to SETTINGS - SKIN SETTINGS - RESTORE SETTINGS -EXPORT SKIN SETTINGS and select a suitable place in your device to save the settings backup file.

4) How do I install this skin?

- Download the two files from the link provided to a suitable location in your device.

- Go to SETTINGS – ADDONS – INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE. Search the location where you downloaded the two files mentioned before and install first script.skin.info.service.zip and afterward skin.aeonmq7.spin.zip. It could take some time, that’s normal. Say Yes when you are asked if you want to switch to the new skin.

- If you wanted to keep the settings of the original MQ 7 and have followed the steps mentioned in question 3, then go to SETTINGS - SKIN SETTINGS - RESTORE SETTINGS –IMPORT SKIN SETTINGS and select the place where you have the settings backup file.

- Make sure that you have the latest version of the cu.lrclyrics addon by going to SETTINGS – ADDONS – CONFIGURE – CHECK FOR UPDATES

5) I have already installed the skin, but all looks like the original MQ 7…

Yes, that’s on purpose. It has been my goal only to add stuff to the original Aeon MQ 7; it’s such a masterpiece that I didn’t want to modify nor eliminate any of its original features. That means that if anyone gets the mod and doesn't like some of the new features he can still use the ones that come with the original MQ 7 instead, because all of them are present. Simple like that…

6) I have installed the skin, what have I to do now to enjoy the new features?

These are:

- Two new views for movies: Shelf3D and List3D. You can select them like any other view, go to MOVIES and in any view hit arrow up three times to show the selector of views where you can activate them.

- A new way to navigate Shelf3D view for big libraries or less powerful devices: When in Shelf3D view hit arrow down twice and you will see this:

......here you can browse quickly with arrow keys and Up and Down page keys... when you get to the chosen one you can start playing it hitting enter key or go back to Shelf3D view hitting back key.

Here you have a video...

- Two new views for music: Shelf3D and Magazine3D. You can select them like any other view, go to MUSIC and in any view hit arrow up three times to show the selector of views where you can activate them.

- A new way to navigate Shelf3D and Magazine3D view for big libraries or less powerful devices: When in Shelf3D or Magazine3D view hit arrow down twice... it works the same as in the movies section.

Here you have a video...

To save you a lot of troubles, and if you are interested in the music part and want it to look the best, I would advise you to go to settings of the addons cu.lrclyrics and artistslideshow and play with the settings until you find the right ones for you.

To make the logos and fanarts of your artists appear don’t forget to go to MUSIC – ARTISTS – {Hit arrow up key once} – COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW – Activate SHOW ARTIST/ALBUM ART and in the line just above set the PATH to your local music library, see the next image...

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
- A new music visualisation screen with:

Handwriting cd's when no original one available
Widget with images and information of next songs, discography and similar artists
A new way of showing the lyrics of the songs, which I call videolyrics, here is a video...

To activate this new music visualisation screen: start playing any song - hit tab key - hit right arrow key - in the menu select settings (no general settings) - select LAYOUT 4

7) The lyrics don't show like in the video

- Not all the songs has online lyrics available
- Some songs have lyrics but they are not synchronyzed; you can tell that because you'll see for several seconds at the start of the song two blinking arrows, up on the left of the screen. That means that you can move the lyrics to your will, with up and down arrow keys.
- If the lyrics do move but not in right sync or they don't belong to the song nothing can be done about it... online lyrics sources vary enormously in quality of the lyrics, some are spot on and other ones are, are... choose the right word yourself Laugh

8) I would like to have both your mod and another one, is that possible?

I know there are some beautiful mods in this forum, so I can understand the wish for that, but I’m releasing this mod as a base where other mods can be applied, that’s all. Ask the other modders for it or still better, get involved yourself and try to learn how to make the changes you’d like to have. We all started that way Wink

9) What can I expect from this mod in the future?

-Fix of the issues that may appear related to what I have modded.
-Updates to keep pace with the future public releases of the original Aeon MQ 7
-Improvements in the sections that I have modded, especially what has to do with the new video lyrics option… I have many ideas, but I would like to use Kodi to see some movies too (some even say that is what is meant for) and lately I haven’t had much time for that since I was coding and testing things Rofl

Here is the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7by38a7..._MQ_7_Spin

Thanks to:

-MarcosQui and Wanilton for Aeon MQ 7
-ronie for his wonderful script cu-lrc lyrics and his support and patience
-phil65 for his script skin info service
-All the people that have shown interest in my mod and have said so, especially to the ones that have given me a rep point. These times we are living in gratefulness is so scarce that even that small thing means a lot for me... Thank you!

Enjoy!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Reserved...
Hey manfeed, I must say this mod looks incredible!!! Thank you for doing this!!!

Wondering what the possibility is of you and latts combining your mods into 1 gorgeous and incredible mod? Obviously, once you releases it and if you are willing to allow it. I know you both worked very hard and put a lot time, love, and effort into doing these. Maybe I'm a greedy, but if at at all possible, and if you both are willing, I (and I think others) would love to experience this great skin with both of these additions. If I am out of line, please forgive me. I mean no disrespect to either of you.
Very nice!!!!!
@manfeed - Just wondering if your amazing videolyrics can/will be released as a standalone mod ? My version of MQ7 is already heavily modified to suit my own use and I'd love to be able to add videolyrics to it without destroying my other work.

Cheers.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
This makes an incredible Mod even better, Cant wait for the final release.
This looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out Wink
really cool.
hi many thanks for all your hard work , i was woundering how to enable Videolyrics as it is not showing up when playing music , when i go into options to change the view all though all views are enabled like shelf 3d and magazine they dont appear when looking to change view thanks
(2016-10-15, 18:30)flowerpot Wrote: hi many thanks for all your hard work , i was woundering how to enable Videolyrics as it is not showing up when playing music , when i go into options to change the view all though all views are enabled like shelf 3d and magazine they dont appear when looking to change view thanks

You have to go to settings in music visualisation screen (while you are listening to music) and select the new layout (Layout 4) ;-)
works like a charm.
can you give me the solution to make the menu letters a bit smaller please ?
(2016-10-17, 09:27)toutoune290 Wrote: works like a charm.
can you give me the solution to make the menu letters a bit smaller please ?

Thanks! Please, take note that my mod only adds stuff to the original Aeon MQ 7, my goal has been that anyone that gets the mod and doesn't like the views and the other stuff I added still could use it without seeing any single change compared to the original one. This means that things like the menu letters should be exactly identical to the original and therefore I think that topic should be asked in its thread... however, this time I investigated that issue for you, and if you are referring to the main menu I think the best way to achieve that would be by editing the file Font.xml and searching for the line Font_menu1 (or Font_menu2, 3, 4... in case you have changed the style in settings). Under that line you will find <size>90</size>. Change to whatever value you like, save and restart Kodi.
thanks a lot manfeed, i'll try that this evening.
(2016-10-15, 21:46)manfeed Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 18:30)flowerpot Wrote: hi many thanks for all your hard work , i was woundering how to enable Videolyrics as it is not showing up when playing music , when i go into options to change the view all though all views are enabled like shelf 3d and magazine they dont appear when looking to change view thanks

You have to go to settings in music visualisation screen (while you are listening to music) and select the new layout (Layout 4) ;-)

many thanks works like a charm Big Grin
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Spin [Jarvis] *** PUBLIC RELEASE ***10