how t keep the settings stay
i have been using kodi for a few days and i had tons of issues so i just reset it to factory, then i went and made some settings snd i took out the pictures snd the music etc. i kept the video and program and settings but then the next time i start kodi ll of them come back. i even took out in the video section the sports ball and phoenix but then they come back. so how do you keep what you change permanent? i have more questions but after i get this issue resolved
Uninstall kodi, delete your userdata folder, download from kodi.tv , install, read forum rules, try again.
Thread moved to OS independent for a lack of any useful information on OS.

You may also want to read the forum rules (wiki) as some of what you mention are banned add-ons (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok thanks a bunch. it seems the rules have a ban all the issues so what is there to talk about? i mean all the app i have on my device that shows up when i did the reset to factory are in the black list. so what is left to see. is there a white list to check out?
We don't support piracy here, pure and simple. That extends to any device containing such banned add-ons (wiki), all we will help with is their removal. You'd know that if you read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted when you signed up here.

They are all 3rd party, so if you choose to use and keep those then ask wherever you got them from for help. Or given what you said you almost certainly have either a "fully loaded" box or an equivalent 3rd party piracy build, both of which we dislike deeply here and want nothing to do with.

As for a whitelist, any add-on which is in the built in official repo or has an established thread here can be considered as supported.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
tha is why i asked when i did a factory reset those came up so how do i know they are not legal. so when you reinstall your computer and it comes with program you assume they are legal and use them correct. so that is what i did they are the ones that came up after a factory install from kodi. sorry but what else is there. thanks
As a rule, anything that gives you content that you'd normally pay for is not allowed.

Free-to-air sources are permitted (e.g. national broadcasters via their websites, relay of live TV, YouTube).

Local sources are more than allowed, they're encouraged (e.g. DVD/BR rips, CD-to-FLAC rips).

If you're watching something that someone else is paying for, though, you're stealing it, and that isn't acceptable here.
To get a decent setup you'd probably need to wipe the box and start again with a fresh install from either the play store or side loaded after download from this site (download link at the top left of the page).

Your box currently has a 3rd pay piracy build on it which we do not support.

Kodi Blog Posts
i got the app from the google playstore seems legit to me? i have done 4 factory resets on it now and they all come back with the same stuff and the resets are from googles playstore. so where else can i get it? even my phone that gets apps from the playstore has the same stuff on it. so i guess i'm confused as to what is real. i just figured if google has it listed then they like it and approve it. so are they wrong as well? so were do i get the real macoy? thanks
The real macoy is called Kodi https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...kodi&hl=de
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-15, 23:11)corvairbob Wrote: tha is why i asked when i did a factory reset those came up so how do i know they are not legal. so when you reinstall your computer and it comes with program you assume they are legal and use them correct. so that is what i did they are the ones that came up after a factory install from kodi. sorry but what else is there. thanks
Maybe they put a bad version in the firmware so you can't even get rid of it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how t keep the settings stay0