Missing common menu items
Hi
Brilliant skin but I have a problem seriously affecting its usability and I can't find the answer on this forum so I'm hoping someone can help me. There should be 14 common menu items on the main menu but no matter what I do I can only see five. The 14 show on the 'Customize main menu' in Settings but when I go to the home screen there are only 5. The five are Videos, Programs, Favorites, Settings and Shutdown. The other 9 are missing and I need Movies and TV shows to display. To get round it I've put these two menu items into Favorites and access them from there but it's unnecessary extra steps. How do I get the other menu items to show on the main menu? Many thanks in advance for any help and sorry if it's really obvious.
Many of the common menu items have visibility conditions automatically applied to them. In the case of Movies and TV Shows, these usually link to library nodes and so the visibility condition specified by the library node is applied to them. Normally this is 'Library.HasContent(Movies)' and 'Library.HasContent(TVShows)' respectively, meaning they'll show when there are movies and tv shows scanned into your library. Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hi Bob
Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not quite sure how this works - all the other skins I've used (Aeon nox, confluence, black glass nova and a few others) don't require this step. When I go into org.xbmc.kodi it is empty (no userdata). I'm sorry to be dim, but I don't understand your post.
I just meant that my first suggestion would be to ensure you have movies and tv shows in your library.
Hi Bob thanks for taking the time to answer me again. I do have movies in my library but I think you're on to something. I've worked around it by putting links to Exodus and other add-ons in Favourites. It's not pretty but it works. I guess I'll just live with the flaws of Metropolis for its information-rich interface. Thanks again Bob.
I am fairly certain this isn't the fault of the skin. My first thought would be what Bob said.

Add-ons don't count as library items. Are you totally sure you have actually added sources for local movies and TV shows and scraped them into the library?

You could also try resetting the Home Furniture in Metropolis settings.

Please post a debug log as well so we can help further.
Also, please read Banned add-ons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing common menu items0