Lock display to clean it
One guy (Siggi0904) on LibreELEC IRC ask me about this skin cleaning function (removing fingeprints). Like a button to lock touch input to clean the screen. After cleaning type anything to enable input. Or locking with some passcode. Nothing happens til the correct passcode was entered.

Any thoughts? Is this possible to achieve already?
not really... there's no 'lock screen' functionality in kodi.

the closest you'll get is by following these steps:
- enable the login screen (under profile settings)
- set a password for your profile
- logoff
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I think I will just make simple addon which would sleep for some time and showing countdown timer. In this time input will be disabled and screen can be cleaned safely Smile

Mhm, this could be added in skin itself Huh
(2016-10-17, 08:58)ultraman Wrote: I think I will just make simple addon which would sleep for some time and showing countdown timer. In this time input will be disabled and screen can be cleaned safely Smile

Mhm, this could be added in skin itself Huh

skins can't disable input, so there's no way to do it by skinning something.

going the addon way might work.. though i think it would still be possible to close the addon (by using a longpress).
not 100% sure about that though...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
remember that swipe is also an action in Kodi
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm checking this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2043001

Disabled cancelling and now the time must pass before I get any reaction. Good enough for now.
Just need to figure out how to include two .py files in one addon and showing two images under Addons menu (one for calibration and one for cleaning). But this is another problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock display to clean it0