WD Green Hard Drive, consider me impressed.
I have a home server for media and backups, etc. I put a WD Green 2TB hard drive in it and 5 and a half years of 24/7 operation later it just started crapping out. I'm impressed it lasted this long to be honest. I've had WD blacks and Blues go that were newer than the green. Not sure if i should press my luck and get another or try something else.
(2016-10-17, 00:30)lobsta Wrote: I have a home server for media and backups, etc. I put a WD Green 2TB hard drive in it and 5 and a half years of 24/7 operation later it just started crapping out. I'm impressed it lasted this long to be honest. I've had WD blacks and Blues go that were newer than the green. Not sure if i should press my luck and get another or try something else.

I've still got 5 x 3 tb's running for over 5 years now in a Raid 5 setup. Did you reset the idle park timer?

I changed mine from 8 seconds to 5 minutes (max value) using wdidle3 utility. Still going strong and working like a charm. I don't leave mine running all the time either, only on when I use it.

http://wiki.nas4free.org/doku.php?id=faq:0148
No I didn't change it as when I first got the drive it was going to be temporary. However after running flawless I used the motto if it isn't broke don't fix it and just let it run as is. The drive still works but there's a few bad sectors and getting more all the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WD Green Hard Drive, consider me impressed.0