WMC Sleep question serverwmc
Hello all,
Love all the work on this. I have replaced two xbox360 extenders with two libreelec devices. I am 98% back to all needed features for my household, but one issue is still getting the best of me. With the xboxes, I could input a sleep command via remote or keyboard on my pc and the boxes would keep the pc awake enough to maintain streaming, then sleep after turning off xbox. With the kodi devices, they will keep the pc awake for anything I need to do. But if someone in the other room presses the sleep button on the remote control, I lose the connection and the kodi box locks up forcing a restart. Any suggestions for a workaround on the PC side? I know i can disable sleep, but don't trust my kids to stop a live tv broadcast everytime and will put unneeded wear on my hard drive. I could also get a better remote control with a more advanced macro, but trying not to sink any more costs into project or retrain the family. I have the keep awake box checked in serverwmc. Thanks again for the serverwmc. I am lucky enough to have all my channels drm free making kodi far superior to xbox.
Hi,

I don't know the answer to your question. But you can configure serverwmc to close down streams that are left running by your kids, see the live-tv tab. By enabling prime time viewing you can also make sure the streams after never auto close during the prime viewing hours.

Lastly my two cents, hard drives are meant to read and write data, let them do their thing.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I will check there. I think I assumed that serverwmc could only manage clients that way, not control WMC directly. My issue is with the primary pc where my family does most of the viewing being put to sleep. Your suggestion seems like the right way to go. I also looked at WMC Standby Tool that has some options to go to sleep after no key presses in WMC, like the old sleep timer on TVs from the 90s. Thanks again, Ill post my final setup and decision.
Yeah you are right, it will only effect serverwmc clients, I misunderstood the problem. I have a similar setup to you, my kids just switched to using kodi on the main pc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC Sleep question serverwmc0