Win Kodi/XBMC all versions + dvblogic almost al versions
Hi,

Im currently running kodi latest beta, and I have run almost every kodi/xmbc version from the moment there where pvr options.

I ran WMC since first release and I have used / tried almost every solution offered in every help me topic. Been using DVB logic since my first HTPC setup.

I love kodi but when it comes to PVR I can't help it but when i compare it to WMC that stuff works like a charm.
Currently using the lastest kodi and I stil haven't had the same live tv experience i had with WMC. In short there is always something broken.

And im out of options.
Currently and the previous versions and combinations of DVB and XBMC and kodi - timeshift, -pausing, simultanous recording and watching, pausing a tad to long, unable to skip steps forward or backwards, things tend to crash or i end up with a jitter in my screen, crahsing live tv or something else. I have run different HW setups, videocards etc. My cables been checked numerous times, tested and erything is connected with highquality materials. 1 tuner 2 tuners, different tuners. If i make a recording and watch it back everything is perfect. If i have a running recording skip it forward like with WMC it ends at a certain point. If I watch live tv, pause ( for more then 5 mins ) good chance it won't continue.

Had the recordings/buffer on dedicated HDD, SSD , buffer moved on a ramdisk etc. Read every topic on DVB and the forums here. Tried every possible solution and always end op with a non fully working PVR. One thing is/looks better, the other one is broken.

In short -> my current system I use as HTCP Runs dvb and kodi is a Intel quad core (tad old) Q9300, 8gb memory, windows 7 pro, brand new WB Red 3tb hdd for TV, Radeon XFX HD 6870.
And as tuner currently the technisat cablestar hd2. have had Floppy DTV , Anysee ( don't remember exactly wich one )

Have also tried to use it with a more powerfull newer PC setup wiith HD2 tuners ( din't result in better performance / proper working PVR at that time)

When I pop WMC on the live TV works, dual recordings, live tv pausing with extended buffer non jittering live tv.

What I am after is -> is there someone who can tell me get this hardware setup with that combination of versions that works. Switch to kodi buntu with this this TVheadend and never touch it again.
Firstly, get off the betas/nightlies and install 16.1. Although there are a few quirks with Krypton b3/DVBLink at the moment, I believe there are experimental fixes for all of them, they just haven't all made it into a single build yet.

There is an issue with deinterlacing not being engaged properly on some TV channels and some bugs with timer icons and their placement in Krypton but no such issues in Jarvis. So, do a clean install of Jarvis, get the DVBLink addon setup and working then post a debug log with a clear explanation of the problem. In my experience, one of the Kodi developers will then be happy to investigate.
Hi,

I have been running WMC with DVBLogic as well. Back then I used DVBLogic just to present the tuners and everything else (recording etc) was done in WMC. I was happy with it, everything worked and I wasn't too happy that Microsoft pulled the support for WMC.
The only thing that I hated was the proprietary file format for the recordings! It wasn't possible to play them on my Windows RT tablet, not on phone...nothing... And setting up an additional machine to make use of the tuner and the database also required WMC (which was not a light application) to be setup...pity.

After using several XBMC and Kodi versions I must admit I am happy with it. Sure, there are still some quirks, but I think that has more to do with (for example) NewCS. And in my case my cables are not perfect. If I don't touch them all is well, but if I move them some channels have bad reception.

I have a quite old quad core system with (I think) 4GB RAM, with two FloppyDTV tuners and one dual HDHomerun tuner.

Please list out what the current issues are you run into...

Thanks!
Hi, and thanks for the replies.

I did een full remove/reinstall of kodi to version 16.1 set every setting back in place and it currently works, timeshift is working pausing/unpausing works. I still get a random jitter once in awhile but i can live with that.
It seems the clean install did the trick in combination with the current setup/hardware. So shall not touch it for now Smile

Only thing I do want to increase is the timeshift buffer length, to me it is still a bit to small. Especially with the way to long and many commercial breaks.

So don't need a debug log i guess for now? or is it handy to still post it here ?

If you touch the cables and it messes up the reception, you could buy some hirschman / or equivalent connectors and the cable that is needed for those. Takes a while to get it all good installed but after that 10/10 connection in my case.
I know I need to take a good look at the cables. I have a descent (I think it's a Hirschmann) splitter. However currently I need to split it from 1 to 2x FloppyDTV, 1 HDHomeRun (dual tuner) and 1 TV. I would like to change that to 1 HDHomeRun (quad tuner) and 1 TV. So, if I got that quad tuner I will take a good look at the cables. For now I just touch it as little as possible Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/XBMC all versions + dvblogic almost al versions0