• 13(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2016-11-30, 23:43)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 23:31)baba420 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 22:08)movie78 Wrote: So the correct resolution setting should be 1920X1080p 3D @60Hz ?
Once you initiate a 4K content your TV resolution changes to 3820X2160p
The weird thing is that despite the resolution is set to 1920x1080p, my TV reports it's running 3840x2160. However when playing 4K content the TV switches to the correct resolution.

Can you check your Kodi System Info to see what the resolution is set to?

1920x1080p @30hz
Can the new Gigabyte Brix with Kaby Lake support playback of H.265 ?
Yes. That's built in into GPU that's part of Kaby Lake generation of CPU's.
Regarding 10-bit and HDR, is it decoding only or output to a HDR TV ?
I hope Kodi / VLC support HDR playback in the near future. Really weird from Asrock to advertise that the Beebox-S is capable of HDR playback but doesn't give the software to play it.
(2016-12-03, 17:38)baba420 Wrote: I hope Kodi / VLC support HDR playback in the near future. Really weird from Asrock to advertise that the Beebox-S is capable of HDR playback but doesn't give the software to play it.

I hate when companies make false advertisement on their product, I have been trying to contact their tech support for clarification on HDR support on the Beebox Kaby Lake but nothing yet
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I don't see any false advertisement here. Kodi and other video players need to enable HDR support. It has to do with the way HDR is implemented in Windows. Android certainly has the advantage here in implementation. Before nVIDIA enabled HDR on the Shield, not a single person (outside nVIDIA) knew what it would take to enable HDR in Kodi. It so happened that HDR was built into MediCodec Surface.

Shadow Warrior 2 game has HDR support in Windows and you should be able to enable HDR output within the game on these boxes (at least it works with nVIDIA GTX 1060 that I have).
It's up to Kodi devs now, and based on what @fritsch has said, it won't be anytime soon.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes, you have to use something else but not Kodi. But I think 10-bit HDR output is hardware/firmware specific, right ? Simply, can your box output 10-bit HDR or not ?
(2016-12-04, 02:24)hdmkv Wrote: It's up to Kodi devs now, and based on what @fritsch has said, it won't be anytime soon.

Why is it at kodi devs? Kodi is opensource. Kodi was developed by their users! I also was a user before I started to hack on kodi. We are no company, but a group of volunteers. We would highly, highly appreciate it if someone with the hardware (TV, devices and so on) would step up and implement the missing bits for our DXVA rendering chain. How about that?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If any had any programming/coding skills whatsoever... then maybe Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-12-04, 16:22)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 02:24)hdmkv Wrote: It's up to Kodi devs now, and based on what @fritsch has said, it won't be anytime soon.

Why is it at kodi devs? Kodi is opensource. Kodi was developed by their users! I also was a user before I started to hack on kodi. We are no company, but a group of volunteers. We would highly, highly appreciate it if someone with the hardware (TV, devices and so on) would step up and implement the missing bits for our DXVA rendering chain. How about that?

Most of us here are just big Kodi enthusiast and don't have any coding skills(speaking for my self) that why we are seeking the help from kodi Dev to implementation HDR Smile
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-12-04, 18:48)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 16:22)fritsch Wrote:

Most of us here are just big Kodi enthusiast and don't have any coding skills(speaking for my self) that why we are seeking the help from kodi Dev to implementation HDR Smile

Can't you use madVR + DSPlayer integration into Kodi? iirc madVR supports HDR.
2 steps away from ordering a Beebox-S 7100...

ony thing on my mind...
How about watching live tv with a box, which has only USB 3.0 ports...
Found a lot of German Forums, in which USB 3.0 with a DVB-Tuner was a huge Problem.

Someone using a Box with only 3.0 ports an can confirm that its working flawlessly with a USB TV-Stick?

Its the only thing keepin me away from buying this barebone.

Best regards an thanks in Advance.
(2016-12-05, 08:21)aohus Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 18:48)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 16:22)fritsch Wrote: Why is it at kodi devs? Kodi is opensource. Kodi was developed by their users! I also was a user before I started to hack on kodi. We are no company, but a group of volunteers. We would highly, highly appreciate it if someone with the hardware (TV, devices and so on) would step up and implement the missing bits for our DXVA rendering chain. How about that?

Can't you use madVR + DSPlayer integration into Kodi? iirc madVR supports HDR.

I have been thinking about it, just trying to find a good tutorial on YouTube on how to configure it.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3