• 59(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
You did not understand. Me was a separate box with enigma (sat enigma decoder). And to watch movies odroid c2? Unless you do something else.

In my HTPC today I have a DVB-S2 tuner and the SAT TV works on it but I have problems. Often it will stop decoding oscam my TV channels. With the enigma I never had such problems.

Kodi is not as easy as it comes with easy scan channels. In the case of TVHeadend you have to look for channels through the browser and it is complicated. The enigma is all done with a remote control and it is very easy. I am surprised that KODI developers have not added such functionality to their program.

Or what box do you recommend with built-in satellite tun?
(2017-09-05, 07:38)kowalmisiek Wrote: You did not understand. Me was a separate box with enigma (sat enigma decoder). And to watch movies odroid c2? Unless you do something else.
Ok yes I understand you now. A completely seperate enigma Sat decoder box to be used for TV watching in your case would be the reliable solution.
I have no experience with Sat tuners.

@noggin will certainly know a whole lot more about such Tuners than any of us !

As for working LibreELEC 10bit 1080p/4K HEVC decoding with HD Audio passthrough solutions, please read detailed info and follow the links contained in:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options:

All discussion about such AMLogic devices belongs in this thread:

Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options

I warn you a cheap AML box will never be as quick (or expensive) as a SSD equipped i series Intel machine - but at least it will be reliable and OSMC / LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will actually work properly. eMMC flash storage is quicker than microSDHC only solutions.

(2017-09-05, 07:38)kowalmisiek Wrote: You did not understand. Me was a separate box with enigma (sat enigma decoder). And to watch movies odroid c2? Unless you do something else.

In my HTPC today I have a DVB-S2 tuner and the SAT TV works on it but I have problems. Often it will stop decoding oscam my TV channels. With the enigma I never had such problems.

Kodi is not as easy as it comes with easy scan channels. In the case of TVHeadend you have to look for channels through the browser and it is complicated. The enigma is all done with a remote control and it is very easy. I am surprised that KODI developers have not added such functionality to their program.

Or what box do you recommend with built-in satellite tun?

** OFF TOPIC ALERT **

The reality is that you chose between Enigma / Engima 2 set top boxes or Kodi boxes. There have been attempts to run Kodi on Enigma platforms - with varying success. There have been attempts to run Enigma on x86 boxes - but the projects appear to have stopped quite quickly in an incomplete state.

There is a fundamental difference between the two approaches. Enigma-based boxes are TV receivers first (based around SoCs optimised for set top boxes and DVB), media players second. They are entirely designed around TV tuning - and thus optimised for that. If you want a TV set top box for watching TV that way - then an Enigma-based box may still be best for you. Kodi boxes are designed firstly for playing and organising media, and Live/Recorded TV and PVR functionality is added to that.

They are coming at the 'Watching TV' requirement from two different angles.

I have used both - but have pretty much switched to TV Headend for most TV viewing. However I don't watch encrypted channels (so have no need for Oscam) as in the UK we have a lot of free channels on both DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2. I use USB tuners for DVB-T/T2 and mainly SAT>IP for DVB-S/S2 (with one USB tuner for standalone use). I like the web-based front-end for TV Headend as it gives me more control than the remote-control interface on Enigma boxes (I used to remotely log in to my Dreambox via my laptop for some stuff).

I don't run my TV Headend server on the same hardware as my Kodi media players - it means i don't have to route satellite or antenna/aerial feeds to multiple places (I have a central TV Headend server and then run remote Kodi boxes over Ethernet around my house) It also means I can change Kodi hardware without changing TV reception hardware...
Me depends on speed and reliability. I got used to the HTPC and its speed. I would have preferred to replace the intel hardware, but to work on it quickly and efficiently. As I already wrote I had to test wetek play 2 and know that he often slowed down. I think even as I buy eMMC memory to the box of odroid c2 it will anyway be free compared to intel.

Why does not this intel support the linux community?
Because you have already purchased Intel Kaby Lake Hardware just output 7.1 DTS MA and Dolby True HD Audio as Kodi decoded - 7.1 lossless PCM Audio to your AVR when using LibreELEC.

The Audio quality will be exactly the same. You will not hear a difference at all.

Enough Off Topic ARM Hardware choice discussion, thread split into this one....

[split] LibreELEC Kodi - HD Audio - Apollo / Kaby Lake alternatives...

(2017-09-05, 12:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Because you have already purchased Intel Kaby Lake Hardware just output 7.1 DTS MA and Dolby True HD Audio as Kodi decoded - 7.1 lossless PCM Audio to your AVR when using LibreELEC.

The Audio quality will be exactly the same. You will not hear a difference at all.

Thanks for the workable alternative. I'm guessing this just ignores the extra tracks in an Atmos/X soundtrack.
(2017-09-07, 22:36)GrimGriefer Wrote:
(2017-09-05, 12:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Because you have already purchased Intel Kaby Lake Hardware just output 7.1 DTS MA and Dolby True HD Audio as Kodi decoded - 7.1 lossless PCM Audio to your AVR when using LibreELEC.

Thanks for the workable alternative. I'm guessing this just ignores the extra tracks in an Atmos/X soundtrack.

Yes - lossless decode for DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD. It doesn't include DTS:x or Dolby Atmos extensions on Dolby True HD or Dolby Digital + tracks. (Atmos isn't always lossless)
Possibly exciting news, early days but according to the post below it looks like the latest patch to the kernel may fix the passthrough audio issue for apollo lake/kaby lake

http://nucblog.net/2017/09/linux-driver-...-problems/
(2017-09-19, 21:00)binhex01 Wrote: Possibly exciting news, early days but according to the post below it looks like the latest patch to the kernel may fix the passthrough audio issue for apollo lake/kaby lake

Not sure about the FW. I tested it on my ASRock J4205 with Bios Version: P1.30A (and yeah: was working as it should as I reported in the bugreport itself)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
How do i use it to fix my Intel NUC i3 HuhHuhHuh? can someone upload a guide ?
(2017-09-19, 21:00)binhex01 Wrote: Possibly exciting news, early days but according to the post below it looks like the latest patch to the kernel may fix the passthrough audio issue for apollo lake/kaby lake

Good News. I am waiting for new versions LibreELEC and test passthrough audio
(2017-09-20, 08:56)kowalmisiek Wrote: Good News. I am waiting for new versions LibreELEC and test passthrough audio

Can you test the latest build in this thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298462
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
But this is 18 Leia and not 17.4 Krypton like i have installed
(2017-09-20, 09:37)guandms Wrote: But this is 18 Leia and not 17.4 Krypton like i have installed
In that case try http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...191058.tar which includes the HBR and ELD patches (PR:2003).

However feedback so far on this LE8.2 build was NOT positive (from one internal tester), possibly as it's using an older kernel, which might mean we don't include the HBR fix in LE 8.2
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3