• 9(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2016-11-17, 15:04)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 14:59)Caramba69 Wrote: In regards to the Hdmi issue I have tried to use the display port and the hdmi 1.4 port at the same time. Unfortunately if you connect the display port to the hdmi 1.4 port the display port will be switched off.

But finally I did manage to solve the issue. When I connect the hdmi 2.0 and 1.4 ports to my receiver to different inputs I can switch in the display settings of the Intel driver to use "single display". I also can reboot now without loosing the settings. I don't know why the settings were left lost when I rebooted a couple of days before. I guess I need to test this a little bit more and confirm this later again.

So when I want to watch 4k with more than 30fps I switch the driver setting to use the hdmi 2.0 port/display and switch my receiver input to this port accordingly. Everything else works great with the HDMI 1.4 port.
So run 2 hdmi to receiver?

Sent from my HTC 10

I have both ports connected to the receiver.
Just saw this in the Beebox manual.

Quote:The Beebox series support dual display video output.
You can use HDMI (4K/2K@60Hz) and DisplayPort or HDMI (4K/2K@60Hz) and
HDMI (4K/2K@30Hz) ports at the same time

PS: One of the HDMI is 2.0

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I can confirm this.
(2016-11-19, 11:06)Caramba69 Wrote: I can confirm this.

Does it support HDMI 2.0?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Does one of these kaby lake boxes have HDMI-CEC support ?

Rpi at 35€ have this support and not NUC like boxes. Is it an Intel problem ?
Which hdmi port is display 1 and display 2, trying to name avr input accordingly. Also, is it possible to set one up as 4K and the other as 1080p?

Sent from my HTC 10
no CEC !!! most of GPU cards for PC (99,9%) dosent have CEC becuase they targets are monitors - not TV ! thats no Intel problem.
They just no adding CEC becuase is no needed, some NUC has PINs on manboard to connect CEC from pulse eight, and some maniboard have aditional arm chip special for support CEC, but that never was supported from GPU side !
(2016-11-19, 20:33)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Which hdmi port is display 1 and display 2, trying to name avr input accordingly. Also, is it possible to set one up as 4K and the other as 1080p?

Sent from my HTC 10

that dosent mean they dont use chip for DP to HDMI 2.0 convert Wink and what they hiding behind * in HDMI and DP ?
im suppose they just split DP to DP and HDMI ...

Im my asrock j3455 i find info about support HBR2 and MST ...
whats mean we can connect multiple monitors

"One 4096 x 2160 (4K) at 60 frames per second (hertz)
One 3840 x 2160 (4K) at 60 frames per second (hertz)
Up to two 2560 x 1600 up to 60 frames per second (hertz), or one monitor up to 120 hz
Up to four 1920 x 1200 up to 60 frames per second (hertz), or one monitor up to 240 hz
Up to four 1920 x 1080 up to 60 frames per second (hertz), or one monitor up to 240 hz
& all lower resolutions and the ones in between. There is a maximum number of monitors that can be connected to any card, so be sure to check in your owner's manual.
& a variety of mix and match resolutions like one 2560 x 1600 and two 1920 x 1080, etc, as long as the total resolution is below the total bandwidth available"

source:
http://multimonitorcomputer.com/solved/d...2-hbr2.php

here MST:
https://blog.startech.com/post/connectin...s-for-you/
Do the new Gigabyte Brix models support playback of video with the H.265 codec ?
For owners other maniboard/devices like Asrock J3455-ITX please install this build and send me dmesg
dmesg | pastebinit

I created ticket for resolve HD passthrough audio on Apollo/Kaby Lake on linux
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4xjfvk

PS. please add info about devices/mainboard model. THX
Netflix 4K Arrives on Kaby Lake H/W w/Windows 10.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-11-22, 17:33)hdmkv Wrote: Netflix 4K Arrives on Kaby Lake H/W w/Windows 10.

Great News!!
Now if Kodi can fix the HDR playback issue then this will be a winner.Smile
windows is other part, i think never Netflix addon will work under Linux Wink or maybe if you somehow hack client to be visible on netflix server as Edge Browser from windows 10, but im suppose there are much more higher secruity - maybe even implemented in souce of Edge.

if that start working on Chrome - then is some hope on linux Smile
So are there any NUC alike barebones available for HTPC purposes? Any reviews from the above mentioned Beebox?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3